Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Hello,

the last 7-8 times i tried to activate my ablative armor it didn't work. The graphics were activated, but no real ablative mode... but, i head a cooldown on the ability.

Isn't it working atm. ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-17-2011, 02:28 PM
I don't use ablative, but I have a similar problem with a number of bridge officer powers and especially Tricobalt Torpedoes. A lot of times I'll hit powers that end up one half cool down with no effect (I don't understand that mechanic) and Tricobalts will simply misfire but give me the full cool down.

So I know your pain, but don't know the solution. These types of problems could certainly use some attention!
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-17-2011, 05:24 PM
If you two haven't already, please send in a bug report with details including the names of the characters that are experiencing these issues. And then let me know here. I'll collect the data from your bug tickets and add it to my report.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Sometimes I think that the misfires, particularly with Tricobalt Torpedoes which go on their full cool down, are in some way related to maneuvering. It's almost like the target is in my arc long enough to click the button, but it breaks arc and simply fails (just saying what it looks like, not making a causal statement). I most often have the half cool down issue when there is a lot going on and I'm firing off as many buffs/debuffs as I can. It's not terribly hard to replicate, it's just that there is often so much going on when this happens it's hard to notice that your Beam Overload didn't take, then it's too late.

I'll try to remember to file some tickets tomorrow night. Just out of curiosity, is it better to do it in the match immediately after the fail or can I just file right afterward?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Typically its best to do it as soon as possible. We get more data from the system pretaining to the issues when this occurs. But we understand that sometimes that isn't possible.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-20-2011, 05:54 PM
It's odd, and I'm certainly not complaining, but I haven't really had an issue with it today (in the past 3ish hours). Sometimes it is hard to keep track of it all. Some matches it's as if my whole pallet goes on half cool down...

This is kind of like taking your car to the mechanic because it's making a noise, only it won't make the noise when they are looking under the hood.

/facepalm
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
This is kind of like taking your car to the mechanic because it's making a noise, only it won't make the noise when they are looking under the hood.
I know exactly what you mean...my poor old Dodge Neon...she's out to pasture now. But yes, as soon as anything happens with any mission, skills etc try your best to submit as soon as possible. But don't get yourself killed if you are in PvP...if you can avoid it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Quote:
[TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,116,051.
In this case, a Torpedo: High Yield 1 failed to activate and went on half cool down. Usually I notice it with Beam Overload 3 as well, since I tend to apply them at the same time. But I submitted this ticket within a couple of minutes of when it happened.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the ticket and update!