Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-18-2011, 08:25 AM
TNG. Medical sciences are so advanced even Cancer has been beaten, Plus with holodeck technology you could play a pivotal role in any of those other universes you wanted. Can you say cake and eat it too?
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Blade Runner, I love Japanese street food.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Other: Specifically either the Fifth Imperium from the Empire from the Ashes series or Mid-childia from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran_Mak_Morrn View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/201105...eallyhabitable

I'm sure most of us know about Gliese 581, and the planet orbiting it that lies in the 'green zone' that permits liquid water. Recent studies show that there is yet another planet in the same system that could be capable of sustaining life as well. A real-life Romulus and Remus, sister worlds.
*pop quiz*

1. In what STO Feature Episode is Gliese referenced?

winner gets a stack of Aux Batteries
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
TNG. most of known space is at peace and earth is a paradise.

all the others are either in war, under tyrannical rule or just run down. i want to leave in luxury not be eaten by giant space bugs or be hunted by sith lords.
I agree...definitely TNG. Of all the Star Trek series, TNG seems to be the one that has the least conflict.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Other: My own universe. The appeal should be obvious. It's not quite as peaceful and happy as Star Trek (and it borders on 40K levels of insanity and destruction at times), but things overall are pretty good, plus the technology level vastly outstrips most of what Trek has. And also because it means I could meat my fantasy self and create my own pre-destination paradox by making myself functionally immortal and free to travel around the multiverse like a more action-oriented Doctor Who, heh.

Or, failing that, probably somewhere in Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Stargate, specifically the Destiny (or maybe the District 9?)

I refuse to believe that in a future like star trek 200-800 years from now, that there will be a government like today's america. The only ******n reason drugs are illegal is because people decided to gossip that cocaine made slaves (who were given cocaine to improve work efficiency) try to **** white women. The war on drugs is a silly attempt at curbing personal freedom that no government has the right to bat an eye at.

...also Ferengi are little goblin minions of Ayn Rand.

Since we're counting anime now too, the Blue Drop universe.

Or maybe the Freelancer or Homeworld universes?
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Other. Either the world of Midchilda (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha [I would LOVE to get my hands on a Device!!! ]) or the Cosmic Era (Mobile Suit Gundam SEED/Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny [Mobile Suits = EPIC WIN!!!! ])

PS: Love the fact that you chose Midchilda as well, Raven.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran_Mak_Morrn View Post
It's odd that i just saw this post, and ty for posting, cause i saw a somewhat related article and wasn't sure where to post it so i thought i'd just post it here.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/201105...eallyhabitable

I'm sure most of us know about Gliese 581, and the planet orbiting it that lies in the 'green zone' that permits liquid water. Recent studies show that there is yet another planet in the same system that could be capable of sustaining life as well. A real-life Romulus and Remus, sister worlds.
The Gliese system is referenced in STO in the featured Episode "Night of the Comet".

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/y...hot_Gliese.jpg

Thanks, CS for putting this little detail in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-18-2011, 09:24 PM
stargate SG1/atlantis without a doubt.