Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
05-19-2011, 09:27 AM
That is a biggun; you need a large peice of paper (and one heck of a printer) to print that out and still be legible!

Love the dedication plaque as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
05-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
That is a biggun; you need a large peice of paper (and one heck of a printer) to print that out and still be legible!

Love the dedication plaque as well.
Luckily I happen to work at a sign shop... Glad you like the plaque. It was fun to make.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
05-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Glad you like it. My advice is to just drop it - count the rows of windows, and make that many flat lines for your decks. It'll probably save your sanity.
Yep. Comparing it to similar ships (i.e. Voyager and Prometheus), I reasoned my ship should have 16 decks, though we had to adjust it to 18 due to the scale of the model. Still, we got a realistic scale figured out and we're filling in the details nicely.

Of course, it doesn't help when Crpytic keeps changing my ship's model for the stupid multi-vector assault mode changes, nevermind mine is a non-MVAM version of the advanced escort, nor do I have the console installed. Now my ship's model has a giant gaping hole in my deck 1, right where my bridge is supposed to be.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
05-19-2011, 08:12 PM
I couldn't find a bathroom...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
05-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerka View Post
right where my bridge is supposed to be.
That is where it was in the show, I'm assuming the bridge was in the front most part of the module (it was a small bridge in the episode) or lower then a normal bridge.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
05-20-2011, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Glad you like it. My advice is to just drop it - count the rows of windows, and make that many flat lines for your decks. It'll probably save your sanity.



I'm glad you like it enough to ask! Right now, probably not. Although it will take a lot less time than mine, since I now have all the shapes created, it would most likely be a pretty time consuming process, and I have other things on my free time plate. I will certainly keep you (and other people who ask) in mind when I get some time, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin
That is where it was in the show, I'm assuming the bridge was in the front most part of the module (it was a small bridge in the episode) or lower then a normal bridge.
My primary hull (and secondary for that matter) is the Hepheastus class one, so there's no obvious bridge bubble like on most other ships. We actually wound up sticking the bridge a little further back and down a little, basically protecting it from enemy fire, since it's primarily designed for combat (and is also why it has redundant EVERYTHING). But now the ship model shows a giant hole there for a non-existent warp nacelle. Bleh. I'll just have to be extra careful when filming my machinima.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
05-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aevn
I couldn't find a bathroom...
There's a turbolift that's on a regular 4 day rotation that has one in it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
05-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamato
Out of Curiosity, would you be up for doing an MSD of my Vigilant-Class Tactical Escort Retrofit, the U.S.S. Raging Tempest?
...
So, do you think you'd be up for doing all that?
There's a forum of a website called "LCARS Community" that makes general LCARS stuff, they have a request section: http://www.lcarsc.com/forum.php (that link is to the general forums, not the request section specifically). You could try asking there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
05-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
There's a forum of a website called "LCARS Community" that makes general LCARS stuff, they have a request section: http://www.lcarsc.com/forum.php (that link is to the general forums, not the request section specifically). You could try asking there.
I'll check it out--I just hope that I can post as a Guest, without having to Sign In or anything.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
05-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamato
I'll check it out--I just hope that I can post as a Guest, without having to Sign In or anything.
Doubtful, but it's not a big deal. Just need a username and password, and an email.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 AM.