Lt. Commander
# 1 Player killer 'switch/flag'
05-19-2011, 08:14 AM
Now that all of space is being open to the KDF I was wondering if the dev team would consider allowing us to have a 'kill' switch which flags us open for pvp in all areas (apart from space docks ect) or perhaps even a new character that is always in pvp mode.

This would alow those who want open pvp to do just so, whilst not interfering with the day to day adventures of those who have no interest in pvp.

Opinions?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Sounds good to me ?

I would say no to ESD and Qu'nos being pvp areas.. for obvious reasons... other than that... see a falged klink on Risa stealing our booze... nuke him! :O
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
Now that all of space is being open to the KDF I was wondering if the dev team would consider allowing us to have a 'kill' switch which flags us open for pvp in all areas (apart from space docks ect) or perhaps even a new character that is always in pvp mode.

This would alow those who want open pvp to do just so, whilst not interfering with the day to day adventures of those who have no interest in pvp.

Opinions?
While I know that there has been some discussion on "all space being open to KDF", I have not seen that it is going to happen anytime soon. Post by Dev? My info is that only certain areas will be "shared" by both KDF and Feds.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Works for me. I think so long as it is a toggle flag with some kind of cool down to prevent abuse.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-19-2011, 09:03 AM
I've been requesting a toggle-able PVP system for ages. Hope the devs consider it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I've been requesting a toggle-able PVP system for ages. Hope the devs consider it.
It works for every other MMO. I"m amazed that they didn't steal that concept considering all the other tropes they ripped off.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Given sector space is instanced anyway, why not have the option to go into a PVP-enabled instance, with all that fun Territorial Control stuff that's apparently on the cards? Maybe separate zone chats as well to prevent the inevitable smacktalk from seeping out.

That way the PVErs won't have anything to complain about.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Personally I would not mind even major bases being a pvp zone as long as it is a flagged system.
You can help the base if you choose to or you can stay out of the fight and not get flagged.

You only get flagged if you hit someone in your space who is flagged , help a flagged player , and or turn the switch on.
A klink enters fed space he / she gets auto flagged for pvp and likewise for feds going into kdf zones.

That being said, to keep fed space and kdf space from being just a complete pushover I would add space defense systems around the HQ systems and beef up security guards to be at least maybe +10 of the current max level.

Security should take no less than 5 people to drop per security group per say and base leaders need to be raid leveled and raid geared.

Not to mention base defenses in space should require a small raid of a sort just to get to a point where someone can beam down to city or into a station, gotta drop those beam in inhibitors first.

I am not much into pvp myself, I have done pvp a fair share in other games though that have the above mentioned setup and found it very enjoyable.

Talk about fun, sitting around ESD waiting on a KDF raid group to show up and having a zone wide space battle to protect ESD from a KDF invasion, while others join around Quinn to protect the base leader from KDF players that managed to get through and beam in.

My biggest concern is lag at this point and I would maybe consider a stiffer death penalty than respawn for base raids against an HQ,

Oh well one step at a time lol, to get this train back on the rails, I would really like to see a flagged system as well make it into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-19-2011, 07:04 PM
I would love to have an open PVP flag.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-20-2011, 02:19 PM
/Signed