Lt. Commander
# 1 Attack Fighters Now Available
05-19-2011, 10:19 AM
The new Federation and Klingon Fighters are now available to unlock in the C-Store!

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2011, 10:26 AM
nice, I am totally getting some friends together and doing 'The Vault" with these. that would be fun!

Are they going to be craft-able soon?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Any chance of being able to get these in-game at some point? Like being able to craft them like the Delta Flyer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2011, 10:42 AM
The fighters do not appear to be account-wide ... no info saying they are per-character or account-wide in the C-Store announcement, and the Klingon fighter must be bought separate from the Fed fighter.

So 400 Atari Tokens for fighters per toon? Srsly? No thanks.

And also, I'd need to buy more ship slots (which are also per-character only and not account wide, by the way) or discharge yet more ships to make room for fighters. Double no thanks.

:p
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Atari isn't getting any more of my dough.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-19-2011, 10:45 AM
i'd almost hold off buying anything from the c-store until we know if the money is going to cryptic or to atari but thats just me
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Yes they are accountwide, I just bought mine and have claimed it on all my characters.

Get your facts straight before you post, why cause unnecessary unrest? Maybe the reason you can't claim it on other characters is because you don't have enough ship slots, smart one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1225
The fighters do not appear to be account-wide ... no info saying they are per-character or account-wide in the C-Store announcement, and the Klingon fighter must be bought separate from the Fed fighter.

So 400 Atari Tokens for fighters per toon? Srsly? No thanks.

And also, I'd need to buy more ship slots (which are also per-character only and not account wide, by the way) or discharge yet more ships to make room for fighters. Double no thanks.

:p
i agree with the amount of c-store ships currently available we could use almost double the current ship slots
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmayer View Post
Yes they are accountwide, I just bought mine and have claimed it on all my characters.

Get your facts straight before you post, why cause unnecessary unrest? Maybe the reason you can't claim it on other characters is because you don't have enough ship slots, smart one.
So you don't have a KDF character on your account? If you have a KDF character, you just lied that you "claimed it on all [your] characters".

The fighers are not "account wide" ... I just confirmed my Fed fighter purchase does not also purchase the Klingon fighter for my KDF Klingon on the same account.

My post was directed to the lack of information in the C-Store announcement. Elsewhere, and after looking around, the Star Trek Online website says that the Fed purchase applies to all Feds on an account, but still does not say that KDF on the same account are excluded.

So if you have both Fed and KDF characters, you have to spend 2 x 400 = 800 Atari tokens for fighters for all your characers. The fighters are not "account-wide".

C-Store announcements should clearly say Account-Wide, Per-Character Only (such as ship slots), or Fed-Captains-on-Same-Account-Only (as with the Fed fighters).
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1225
...C-Store announcements should clearly say Account-Wide, Per-Character Only (such as ship slots), or Fed-Captains-on-Same-Account-Only (as with the Fed fighters).
I'm looking at the C-Store and if you click on the ...read more link in each of the item descriptions it does give account info:

For the Peregrine:
Note: Purchasing this fighter unlocks it for all Federation characters on an account.

To'Duj:
Note: Purchasing this fighter unlocks it for all Klingon Empire characters on an account.

Hope that helps!