Lt. Commander
# 21
05-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1225
The fighters do not appear to be account-wide ... no info saying they are per-character or account-wide in the C-Store announcement, and the Klingon fighter must be bought separate from the Fed fighter.

So 400 Atari Tokens for fighters per toon? Srsly? No thanks.

And also, I'd need to buy more ship slots (which are also per-character only and not account wide, by the way) or discharge yet more ships to make room for fighters. Double no thanks.

:p
Yeah, that IS kind of crappy for Cryptic to do to us. Especially after the delta flyer was account wide and for both factions. Given that this isn't a whole lot better then any of the other shuttles I'm pretty disappointed. And I know it can equip some cannons but it doesn't even say that it's limited. I hate to say this but the c-store is really just kind of becoming too expensive for how little we're getting.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1225
The fighters do not appear to be account-wide ... no info saying they are per-character or account-wide in the C-Store announcement, and the Klingon fighter must be bought separate from the Fed fighter.

So 400 Atari Tokens for fighters per toon? Srsly? No thanks.

And also, I'd need to buy more ship slots (which are also per-character only and not account wide, by the way) or discharge yet more ships to make room for fighters. Double no thanks.

:p
Excuse me. Name one item that is not account wide in the C-Store? If there is one, I have not seen one and I buy everything in the C-Store except the 21st Century Clothing.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missdirection
Excuse me. Name one item that is not account wide in the C-Store? If there is one, I have not seen one and I buy everything in the C-Store except the 21st Century Clothing.
Ship and Bridge Officer slots.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-20-2011, 01:37 AM
meh i was hoping they would be more damage oriented then shuttles but i guess thats not the case would be nice if they had 3 forward wep slots i mean they are fighters they should be more battle ready then some regular shuttle
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-20-2011, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokikami View Post
i'd almost hold off buying anything from the c-store until we know if the money is going to cryptic or to atari but thats just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
Atari isn't getting any more of my dough.
Well I dont believe that is the right attitude.
The money MAY go to Atari, but after all, investing into STO means helping STO to survive. Not buying anything from C-Store because of the current situation just improves the chances that STO will be gone soon and everything we investet (and I'm not just talking of money, also of the time I investet to level my Chars ect) will be gone with it.

I dont mean we just should buy anything, even if we dont want it to have, just dont let that situation effect your decision to much.
After all, if STO goes down, we well have our fun with the fighters until it happens....

I personally just bought the Klingon one. I have enough Shutles on Fed side to use them as Torpedo-replacement, just on Klingon side it lacks. I would have puchased both if they had come, as I hoped, with a device like the one for scorpion fighters....
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-20-2011, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Well I dont believe that is the right attitude.
The money MAY go to Atari, but after all, investing into STO means helping STO to survive. Not buying anything from C-Store because of the current situation just improves the chances that STO will be gone soon and everything we investet (and I'm not just talking of money, also of the time I investet to level my Chars ect) will be gone with it.

I dont mean we just should buy anything, even if we dont want it to have, just dont let that situation effect your decision to much.
After all, if STO goes down, we well have our fun with the fighters until it happens....

I personally just bought the Klingon one. I have enough Shutles on Fed side to use them as Torpedo-replacement, just on Klingon side it lacks. I would have puchased both if they had come, as I hoped, with a device like the one for scorpion fighters....
I disagree. Any player of STO & CO is more then willing to support Cryptic in any way they can. However, because of the recent news, players are going to be hesitant with how much more money they'd be willing to "invest" in this game & rightly so. You said it yourself: "The money MAY go to Atari" ... that possbility alone does not encourage me & others to go buy up more Atari Tokens. And needless to say, players thinking about purchasing a Lifetime subscription is out of the question until we all get an official, more detailed response to what's going on.

Why should anyone even consider giving more money to Atari? If it can be confirmed that the microtransactions were actually supporting Cryptic, then I personally would have purchased more tokens by now. This is the mindset MANY players have now. This isn't a reflection on Cryptic, as they have done the very best they can considering their situation, & quite honestly have turned STO into a good game based on a long standing franchise with a huge fanbase. It's, in essence, letting us (the customers) execise our rights & demostrating the complete lack of satisfaction we all have with Atari.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Yeah, they aren't called Cryptic Points anymore...

Anyway, back on topic.

I can't justify paying 400 points for a fighter for only one faction. 800 to get it on both sides?

When I hear things said by DStahl about how there is little support for KDF because of the low population, I have to wonder if they consider this type of thing. Paying the 400 points should unlock both fighters, they are the same except for cosmetics.

I also can't justify buying the ship when there really is only one place to use the thing. You can't go into PvP with it. It might be fun for someone to use in Capture and Hold, to die over and over again. In Arena you'd just give the game away.

I guess I can see someone organizing a "fighter only" match or two, but there is currently nothing in game that will let you really use this fighter other than the Vault.

Once we get a PvP map, sure I'd consider it, but not if i have to buy BOTH fighters seperately.

These things have limited uses. They really aren't gonna work in the core game except as a novelty item. 800 points is just too much. I am all for supporting the game, but even i have limits. If you make it both fighters for 400 points, I'm buying it. Even if we have to wait for a PvP map to actually use it on.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-20-2011, 08:52 AM
It's been stated in previous reports there are plans to include future missions which would require the use of a shuttle, not to mention future use in specific-type PvP matches. As for your suggestion of lowering the price: I believe it more beneficial to acquire the fighters via ingame means. Even 400 points for 2 shuttlecrafts doesn't seem reasonable to me.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-20-2011, 11:14 AM
And you have to be skilled up in phasers to get the full dps of these i suppose?
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-20-2011, 03:35 PM
You can put any weapons on them. So, if you want to use anti-proton you can. The "guns" it comes with level up with you, but you don't have to use them.