Lt. Commander
Spring into summer with our 20% off sale in the C-Store! Going on now until Thursday, May 26 at 10 a.m. PDT (5 p.m. UTC/GMT).

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2011, 10:55 AM
As I said elsewhere, I won't be partaking until we know for certain what's happening with the game.

Best case: The game thrives and there'll be plenty more sales in the future, including more 50% sales.
Worst case: The game folds, ensuring every C-Store purchase is worthless.

Either way, caution is recommended.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Nothing to buy. Everything is for feds and my main is KDF and have already bought everything for him.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Fire
Spring into summer with our 20% off sale in the C-Store! Going on now until Thursday, May 26 at 10 a.m. PDT (5 p.m. UTC/GMT).

Link to the news article.
I'm hesitant on buying Atari Tokens until I know that they convert back to cryptic points once Atari divests itself of interests in Star TreK Online. I am completely against Atari having any part of keeping any interest in Star Trek Online.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
As I said elsewhere, I won't be partaking until we know for certain what's happening with the game.

Best case: The game thrives and there'll be plenty more sales in the future, including more 50% sales.
Worst case: The game folds, ensuring every C-Store purchase is worthless.

Either way, caution is recommended.
Seeing as how this game won't last till the end of time regardless of what happens in the coming days I don't really understand this mindset. The game could last another six weeks or it could last another 5 years but because its not a tangible item the value is the same to me at least. I don't see how the atari/cryptic relationship devalues anything on the C-store from a realistic perspective.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
Seeing as how this game won't last till the end of time regardless of what happens in the coming days I don't really understand this mindset. The game could last another six weeks or it could last another 5 years but because its not a tangible item the value is the same to me at least. I don't see how the atari/cryptic relationship devalues anything on the C-store from a realistic perspective.
I'm not buying any Atari tokens until I know the money from buying them goes to CRYPTIC and not just some pooled cash bin for Atari. I buy from C-Store to support CRYPTIC, not Atari's other projects. So I will buy more tokens (probably Cryptic Points again) after the sale of Cryptic is completed. I will spend what tokens I currently have though.

It's about wanting to support this game, and not Atari as a whole. Some people speculate (we could be wrong but who knows) that the switch from Cryptic Points to Atari Tokens meant that the money for our points was going to Cryptic, and then switched to going to Atari instead. This would account for a lot of the loss that Cryptic saw, as it lost an entire currency that people were paying for development of the Cryptic games. We don't really know of course, but it's enough of a possibility for me that I have no intention of supporting Atari as a whole when they are selling Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-19-2011, 11:08 AM
No thanks; Atari won't be getting any more of my dough.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
No thanks; Atari won't be getting any more of my dough.
I think this is the general feeling of the community.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-19-2011, 11:18 AM
I feel the same way. I am concerned about the Atari tokens not converting over when Atari sells Cryptic. Additionally, the only Atari game I play is STO, so I have no use for Atari tokens if they don't transfer and would prefer to know that the money I'm spending is going directly back to financially support the game I play, which apparantly Atari is no longer interested in.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-19-2011, 11:19 AM
The only way that I'll be partaking in this sale is if I still have some points left over from my last purchase. Otherwise, not a single dime is going to the C-Store until I know what's up with Cryptic. Hopefully, they'll be converted back to CP, but we just won't know until then.