Lt. Commander
# 11
05-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
Seeing as how this game won't last till the end of time regardless of what happens in the coming days I don't really understand this mindset. The game could last another six weeks or it could last another 5 years but because its not a tangible item the value is the same to me at least. I don't see how the atari/cryptic relationship devalues anything on the C-store from a realistic perspective.
I devalues if your Atari points don't transfer back to cryptic points and your money goes to Atari..........and not Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prynce View Post
I devalues if your Atari points don't transfer back to cryptic points and your money goes to Atari..........and not Cryptic.
This and the other replies make sense but that is not what the post I replied to said in anyway.

That post implied that c-store items had value based on how much longer the game continues to run and said nothing about giving atari cryptic's money. I don't agree with that sentiment but I do agree that players have a right to be concerned to which company their money is going to.

Quote:
I don't see how the atari/cryptic relationship devalues anything on the C-store from a realistic perspective.
Although badly worded I meant this as how the possible sale of cryptic effected game lifetime vs. C-store item value not the relationship between Atari and Cryptic as a whole. Now I see how easily that could be misinterpreted.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
Seeing as how this game won't last till the end of time regardless of what happens in the coming days I don't really understand this mindset. The game could last another six weeks or it could last another 5 years but because its not a tangible item the value is the same to me at least. I don't see how the atari/cryptic relationship devalues anything on the C-store from a realistic perspective.
I understand peoples caution on spending more money if they don't already have the tokens on hand. Its always a risk, but right now its a greater risk, and most people, especially in the current economy, would feel better knowing there is a larger chance of their virtual purchase being there for a while yet. Without that re-assurance, people might very well want to save that purchase for their possible new leisure activity should STO cease to be. Not that I think its going anywhere, just that I get the viewpoint.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-19-2011, 01:02 PM
I have to agree with the... apprehension being expressed. I haven't been able to play much since February, so there are a few things I would like to buy now that I can play some... but as much as I have spent in the past, that little voice is telling me "You better wait.."

I'm not looking for a guarantee that the game will be here in 6 months or a year, I didn't really have that even back at launch.

But I do need some details of the plans for the game and the company going forward, because sadly too many other companies have abused their customers (or outright lied) and as much as I trust Cryptic, I can't do so blindly in this case.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
I have to agree with the... apprehension being expressed. I haven't been able to play much since February, so there are a few things I would like to buy now that I can play some... but as much as I have spent in the past, that little voice is telling me "You better wait.."

I'm not looking for a guarantee that the game will be here in 6 months or a year, I didn't really have that even back at launch.

But I do need some details of the plans for the game and the company going forward, because sadly too many other companies have abused their customers (or outright lied) and as much as I trust Cryptic, I can't do so blindly in this case.
Oh even I can guarentee the game will be here in the next few years.
That is an easy one.

But Atari is selling Cryptic.
Cryptic cannot comment on that because it isn't their action.

Don't worry, this happened to Bioware before with NWN1. Took 5 years to settle it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Does this sale include Lifetime Membership?
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-19-2011, 01:54 PM
As long as Atari is still in charge, I won't be buying anything more. So far, I have bought every single piece from the C-Store, so this is my first time of not buying a new item (in this case the fighters).
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Will the C-Store soon be selling C-Stocks?
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
No thanks; Atari won't be getting any more of my dough.
same here! Need some news on this subject...
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
But only one Collective, and we've got them over a barrel. We don't need to give them a single bit of information, not until we're safe.
Information/pennies