Lt. Commander
# 1 new fighters in c store
05-19-2011, 04:49 PM
today i bought a copy of rift, and installed it... I realized how much better it feels to play a game where your sub fee pays for new content, and you aren't asked to purchase new things.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2011, 04:55 PM
I can only imagine what playing such an MMO feels like....

I cant wait till we end up getting hit with "Buy the new featured series only 2000 points"... i just know its going to happen...

STO would be better off if cryptic just made it a F2P game.... it already feels like one with just about every new thing coming to the C-Store
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Yarp, one word to describe, and 'tis 'pathetic'

Fascist thread lock incoming :/

so... IB4L?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm sure someone will be along shorty to explain to us that our sub fee does not entitle us to anything more than being able to log in to the server and play, and that if we want any additional content of any kind, we should be all standing in line to pay additional money for it.

Nevermind that every other (worthwhile) subscription based mmo routinely adds additional content as part of just the subscription fee.

But, the valiant developer defenders will say, they are such a small company with only a few employees, so they have to charge excessive amounts of money for fluff, and because they need the money so bad, they have to predominately add fluff to the game, and our money for c-store items funds future development of content.

Except that according to the Atari earnings statements, it seems like the c-store money went straight to Atari and did not further fund any STO development (at least not directly).

In my opinion, our subscription moneies should be more than enough to fund content.