Lt. Commander
Ok ... Whenever I would level up a character, I would use Deep Space Encounters in the process to get it done.

Now whenever I go into a DSE, I find that I get blasted to atoms by enemies that are at the level max while I'm still a Lt., Lt Cmdr, Cmdr, or Captain.

It makes it hard to stand up against even a frigate in there.

This morning, I went into one near Cardassia and found the enemy just right.

A VA shows up and suddenly I'm facing enemies way above my level.

It gets very frustrating ... very VERY frustrating/
Lt. Commander
# 2 Ehhhh
06-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Yea, Im guilty of which you speak........understand that im in there for accolade purposes generally. Usually if I see another of low level I exit or change instances.

Not much you can do about it ATM as Cryptic knows about it and are workin a fix. I have the same issue you do on both sides of the fence.

WHen I go to level a new toon its the same for me with others. Until they fix it, it is what it is.

Funny though, I got all the way to VA without doing any patrols whatsoever.....now? i have to play catch up and redo all the patrols. I have many low end missions that were never completed....so some low end peeps will see VA's flyin about where you wouldnt expect.

Until Cryptic gets a handle on how the enemy spawns to your level and the level of others.....by all rights the DSE's should be level centric IE if its in romulan space, they should be commander spawns not VA if one happens to be there.

Thing is though it shouldnt matter at VA cause any points you get just accumilate into BO points.

Still i Feel ya...

Go Cav..................
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-01-2011, 06:01 AM
Some people don't like DSEs but I rather enjoy them ... straight out ship combat.

What they need to do is add a VA instance on it like they have for the SB-24 fleet action.

That way both sides get a win ... but I have the feeling that it will not get fixed, but DSEs ultimately dumped down the road.

... and nice to see another Cavalry out there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Hmmm... I'm sure Cryptic doesn't want to hear this, because of their bad split with NCSoft, but City of Heroes has a system where certain mobs (such as during Rikti invasions) have no level, but you do damage to them in proportion. In said system, I would routinely take a low level character into an area to fight Rikti. It wasn't easy, but I got the job done. Perhaps a similar system for DSEs?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-03-2011, 02:09 AM
I think the upcoming Borg Invasion will include level scaling like that.
And presumably whatever will replace the current DSEs soon, too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-03-2011, 02:22 AM
Edit: doublepost
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-09-2011, 08:38 AM
As a VA who runs the occassional Sirius Sector DSE, I do believe this should be addressed ASAP.

The best way to cope with the level disparity would be to restrict instance access by Tier. EXCEPT where I am in a group with a lower tier player. If an LT wants to ride my coattails, more power to him. By grouping with me, they acknowledge the impact I'm going to have on their experience and that's life.

I agree completely that random people under CDR have no business having their game experience screwed up because I feel nostalgic.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkonis
Hmmm... I'm sure Cryptic doesn't want to hear this, because of their bad split with NCSoft, but City of Heroes has a system where certain mobs (such as during Rikti invasions) have no level, but you do damage to them in proportion. In said system, I would routinely take a low level character into an area to fight Rikti. It wasn't easy, but I got the job done. Perhaps a similar system for DSEs?
makes sense to me and i am guilty of this aswell but i do it for good reasons and not just to spoil your fun i also ask the low level players if i can team and squad level with them so all enemies become lowlevel gain
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Perhaps the easiest way to approach it would be to scale the player down to the level of the instance, sort of like the way team members can match the squad leader's level and it scales up everything.

DSEs are generally designed for ranks depending on the sector block in which they are located, so it doesnt seem like that would be too hard to do.

When I go into lower level DSEs, I generally go in and wreak havoc for a minute, then start helping out the lower level players with heals while they do all the work, and then I will swoop in to the rescue if needed just before they explode.

Had one Lieutenant last week, that tried to take on a whole Klingon fleet by himself, including the flagship, he was way out gunned, I just came in and made quick work of all of them.

EDIT: Then again, sometimes its fun to go in hunting enemies. Nothing like one-shotting a Klingon or Romulan ship with a Dual Beam overload or a single Quantum Torpedo. LOL