Lt. Commander
# 41
05-23-2011, 07:58 AM
It was a bad idea with the signing of the Khitomer Peace Treaty...I feel a lessening of tensions, not a pure peace, an alliance, but something leading towards cooperation would be agreeable to most players.
Lt. Commander
# 42
05-23-2011, 10:07 AM
people are coming out in favor of this peace movement, people want to be able to team together, Now is the time for unity, It is the very real threat upon us a threat we all agree is there the threat of the Borg and The Undine, this threat should be the very cause for ur unity and peace. It is time to sign the the treaty and end a pointless war.
Lt. Commander
# 43
05-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Well I'd support you. I'm even a Fleet leader. Pitifull my fleet only constists of my 3 Klingon toons.... so that will not help a lot^^
Lt. Commander
# 44 Opposed...
05-23-2011, 11:22 AM
You don't need a peace treaty to realize that you might have a few mutually benificial tasks that can be accomplished with the aid of the waring faction.

DS9: The Empire moved against the Dominion only to find out it was not ready for a war on that scale. Oh look, the Federation. Let's use their resources with ours to defeat this enemy. True allies? Not really.

TOS: The Empire and the Federation were almost at war when Kirk and Kang encounted an enemy that would require their combined resources to defeat.
"Only a fool would fight in a burning house." - General Kang

The Klingon Empire and the Federation have never had anything beyond a non-aggression treaty with defined boundries built in.

Mutual cooperation, sure why not.
Peace, not needed or wanted... Otherwise Jem'Bok would have already sent a deligation to Earth under a flag of truce.

Just my $0.02
Lt. Commander
# 45
05-23-2011, 12:21 PM
There is no "war" going on in this game.

Until I see real Neutral Zones, PvP - fleet zone control, epic Starbase sieges, and unrestricted open travel and exploration for all areas, there is no war.

There is nothing to fight for in this game.

Either add more factions to create enemies with or add in a content "goal" to fight over that effects the galaxy as a whole.
Lt. Commander
# 46
05-23-2011, 12:29 PM
I am currently working on typing up the treaty, once it is fully typed up it will be posted and agreed upon and than there will be a signing ceremony at a undisclosed location, If the Klingons want to choose a location for the signing ceremony please pm me with locations and we the Federation will be more than happy to have the Klingons choose a location.
Lt. Commander
# 47
05-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBlack10 View Post
I am currently working on typing up the treaty, once it is fully typed up it will be posted and agreed upon and than there will be a signing ceremony at a undisclosed location, If the Klingons want to choose a location for the signing ceremony please pm me with locations and we the Federation will be more than happy to have the Klingons choose a location.
and this will have what impact on the game environment? none.
I say that we need to keep the status quo.
Lt. Commander
# 48
05-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
It was a bad idea with the signing of the Khitomer Peace Treaty...I feel a lessening of tensions, not a pure peace, an alliance, but something leading towards cooperation would be agreeable to most players.
look at your own words this treaty will leads towards cooperation so it will impact the game and the players and besides we do not know the impact of something until it has already happened. This treaty is going forward.
Lt. Commander
# 49
05-23-2011, 04:01 PM
all a treaty does is solidify everything and give the great houses of the Klingon Empire the entire pi-canis block. This treaty is a symbol and symbols are important.
Lt. Commander
# 50
05-23-2011, 06:22 PM
There is really only one reply to this nonsense and it is:

Quote:
This is the gulag Rura Penthe. There is no stockade. No guard tower. No electronic frontier. Only a magnetic shield prevents beaming. Punishment means exile from prison, to the surface. On the surface, nothing can survive. Work well, and you will be treated well. Work badly, and you will die.
(from "The Undiscovered Country")

That is the standard brief that all of those future Federation prisoners of war will hear as we process the few survivors left from their broken fleets into Rura Penthe.

Qap'La!
Closed Thread