Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
I can't say it enough. When one Klingon ship and can just rip right through federation shields like melted butter.. there's something seriousely wrong with it. It should be just as much of a challenge to take down our shields as it is theirs. I can get maybe one or two shots off before my shields are down and I'm at 75% hull str.

I've tried all maner of engineering changes, science changes.. no matter what I do the end result is always the same. My shields might as well never be up and I just sit still. Whats the point of even having pvp if its going to be allowed to be so unbalanced.

For all you K's who think I'm QQ..and all that adolecent bull crap.. Step into our shoes and if you say you have, I'll call BS because there's no way anyone could say.."Nope feds have it made." which is crap unless your talking about the PVE content of the game..then I'd agree but as far as the PVP goes.. forget it.

Hell we don't even have a carrier class which is crap too because no military organization would allow an enemy military to construct such ships without having a counter balance or like carrier construct of their own. That alone, should fuel feds to have their own carrier force.

I for one will not engage a carrier in pvp.. I see one.. I'm warping out.

Devs need to fix this crap or I'll just go to K side and start enjoying playing an over firepowered class.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-20-2011, 12:03 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raaven616 View Post
I can't say it enough. When one Klingon ship and can just rip right through federation shields like melted butter.. there's something seriousely wrong with it. It should be just as much of a challenge to take down our shields as it is theirs. I can get maybe one or two shots off before my shields are down and I'm at 75% hull str.

I've tried all maner of engineering changes, science changes.. no matter what I do the end result is always the same. My shields might as well never be up and I just sit still. Whats the point of even having pvp if its going to be allowed to be so unbalanced.

For all you K's who think I'm QQ..and all that adolecent bull crap.. Step into our shoes and if you say you have, I'll call BS because there's no way anyone could say.."Nope feds have it made." which is crap unless your talking about the PVE content of the game..then I'd agree but as far as the PVP goes.. forget it.

Hell we don't even have a carrier class which is crap too because no military organization would allow an enemy military to construct such ships without having a counter balance or like carrier construct of their own. That alone, should fuel feds to have their own carrier force.

Devs need to fix this crap or I'll just go to K side and start enjoying playing an over firepowered class.
Two words: Tactical Team.
That should protect you from the alpha strikes.

There's actually a very good balance between Fed and Klingon vessels if you look at their stats:
http://www.stowiki.org/Federation_playable_starship
http://www.stowiki.org/Klingon_playable_starship

After that, it's up to the captain and his crew to make the most of it.

You should not have trouble beating a carrier in 1v1 combat. Perhaps subscribing to the OrganizedPvP channel will allow you to get some better tactic advice or build setups.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:

LOL you are where much wrong sir
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardept View Post
oh shut up
QFT.

Or an old favourite,from another pvp game:

"If you are too lazy to learn to play, or ask for advice and then test the combination to increase your fun, please consider the energy you are spending crying could be raising your enjoyment. Unless your are a forum troll?"
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
I can't say it enough. When one Klingon ship and can just rip right through federation shields like melted butter..
This can happen. have you tried buffs to protect your shield?

Everyone (except perhaps Science Vessels, they have other tricks) can melt through shields like through butter. If the shields are not hardened.

I assure you, whatever you're flying and whatever the enemy was flying, pretty much the same thing could happen if you replace your ships with the nearest other faction equivalent.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Maybe that is the best thing to do. You'd have a better idea of what it takes to fly a carrier, and what it's limitations are. You can only learn so much through observation.

AND the KDF has Orions in Bikini's!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Quote:

LOLOLOL.
Ardept, weren't you the one with me and a couple PUGs against that 4 carrier team we stomped 15-2? I've even one shot two carriers in that match. Bet that won't ever happen again.
To the OP: when you can fly with a coordinated team you will find your assessment is incorrect.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Quote:
I ..........
Yes you need to this - We have too few Klingons playing an "over Firepowerd class"

And if you do come over I can't wait to hear what you say when a FED pre-made eats your lunch.

I bet it won't be about Klingons being over powered.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Quote:
I can't say it enough. When one Federation ship and can just rip right through an enemys shields like melted butter.. there's something seriousely wrong with it. It should be just as much of a challenge to take down our shields as it is theirs. I can get maybe one or two shots off before my shields are down and I'm at 75% hull str.

For all you F's who think I'm QQ..and all that adolecent bull crap.. Step into our shoes and if you say you have, I'll call BS because there's no way anyone could say.."Nope Pve'rs have it made." which is crap unless your talking about the PVE content of the game..then I'd agree but as far as the PVP goes.. forget it.

this sounds a bit better
Closed Thread