Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzak
Maybe that is the best thing to do. You'd have a better idea of what it takes to fly a carrier, and what it's limitations are. You can only learn so much through observation.

AND the KDF has Orions in Bikini's!!!
This is the true affront and imbalance. Nerf Bikinis.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raaven616 View Post
I can't say it enough. When one Klingon ship and can just rip right through federation shields like melted butter.. there's something seriousely wrong with it. It should be just as much of a challenge to take down our shields as it is theirs. I can get maybe one or two shots off before my shields are down and I'm at 75% hull str.

I've tried all maner of engineering changes, science changes.. no matter what I do the end result is always the same. My shields might as well never be up and I just sit still. Whats the point of even having pvp if its going to be allowed to be so unbalanced.

For all you K's who think I'm QQ..and all that adolecent bull crap.. Step into our shoes and if you say you have, I'll call BS because there's no way anyone could say.."Nope feds have it made." which is crap unless your talking about the PVE content of the game..then I'd agree but as far as the PVP goes.. forget it.

Hell we don't even have a carrier class which is crap too because no military organization would allow an enemy military to construct such ships without having a counter balance or like carrier construct of their own. That alone, should fuel feds to have their own carrier force.

I for one will not engage a carrier in pvp.. I see one.. I'm warping out.

Devs need to fix this crap or I'll just go to K side and start enjoying playing an over firepowered class.
I have a KDF Tac Toon and if I set him up right, I can easily destroy a fed ship in one pass in PvP.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-20-2011, 12:42 PM
You play KDF, then you will find out how wrong you are. I thought the same thing when I leveled my three Fed toons to VA. I decided to level a Klingon so I could prove myself right and found out that the klink toons face the same limitations as the Feds, other than the BOP's universal BO slots and the battle cloak. Every person who thinks the carrier is some kind of invulnerable tank and believes they can pvp in 'god mode' gets a rude awakening. KDF and Feds only win when they support their teammates.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-20-2011, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY
You play KDF, then you will find out how wrong you are. I thought the same thing when I leveled my three Fed toons to VA. I decided to level a Klingon so I could prove myself right and found out that the klink toons face the same limitations as the Feds, other than the BOP's universal BO slots and the battle cloak. Every person who thinks the carrier is some kind of invulnerable tank and believes they can pvp in 'god mode' gets a rude awakening. KDF and Feds only win when they support their teammates.
^ oh so true
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Initially I wanted to quote Ardept and be done with it, but I recognize that all of this is coming from a place of frustration. I'm not that great but I would be more than happy to drop you a line, or you can drop me one, and we can try a few things.

I really am annoyed with the tone of this thread. You are frustrated. I get it. But why not step back, take a deep breath, and take me up on the offer?
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardept View Post
oh shut up
I'd almost take that as an insult if I didn't think it came from a ten year old
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY
I'll agree to team work.. you'd be an idiot to not see value in team work.. however; I'm not stupid either.. I wouldn't post this arguement without playing KDF.. and I have.. even as a Commander in KDF I see the dmg output. Myself and two other KDF's up against four feds and we whipped them with one loss.. me.. I just didn't want to cloak and run.. my bad.. still we smoked them because we were able to slice through those shields in short order.. Its not rocket science guys.. KDF do hold the upper hand.

Yesterday, a full team of feds up against Two KDF Carriers a Bulk Cruiser and one Bop.. really??? you could not beat that.. talk it up say yes you can...bla bla bla.. Thats way to many drones, and plus their fire power.. they don't need to move fast.. just fly in their line of fire and your toast, while their drones are all over your ass..

(You don't need turn radious when you have a fighter coveer and guns of your own)
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raaven616 View Post
I'll agree to team work.. you'd be an idiot to not see value in team work.. however; I'm not stupid either.. I wouldn't post this arguement without playing KDF.. and I have.. even as a Commander in KDF I see the dmg output. Myself and two other KDF's up against four feds and we whipped them with one loss.. me.. I just didn't want to cloak and run.. my bad.. still we smoked them because we were able to slice through those shields in short order.. Its not rocket science guys.. KDF do hold the upper hand.

Yesterday, a full team of feds up against Two KDF Carriers a Bulk Cruiser and one Bop.. really??? you could not beat that.. talk it up say yes you can...bla bla bla.. Thats way to many drones, and plus their fire power.. they don't need to move fast.. just fly in their line of fire and your toast, while their drones are all over your ass..

(You don't need turn radious when you have a fighter coveer and guns of your own)
So you ran into a few bad Fed PuGs.....big deal. And if this happens to you when you are on the Fed side, you are part of that bad PuG......
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger
Yes you need to this - We have too few Klingons playing an "over Firepowerd class"

And if you do come over I can't wait to hear what you say when a FED pre-made eats your lunch.

I bet it won't be about Klingons being over powered.
I give to tugs of a rats tail about premades.. Those are few and far between and are created only by peeps on ventrilo/TS bla bla bla..

I'm talking about the regular mundane que up fights where its the luck of the draw. Trust me I know the damn difference between premade teams and not.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-20-2011, 01:35 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~GM Tiyshen
Closed Thread