Lt. Commander
# 11
05-21-2011, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
it says continued spotlight missions. what were the spotlight missions before this one?
the 4 that were spotlighted during the anniversary, when they were copied over from tribble.

http://www.startrekonline.com/foundry_spotlight
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-21-2011, 05:17 PM
I went to watch this today and it loaded up the Fighter's Vid instead. Foundry title but wrong vid.

I had watched the fighter one first. When I clicked on thevid from the Videos tab it redownloaded the fighter video. Reset history/cookies and got same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenomorph1211 View Post
Grats to the author, but...

I find it hard to believe that this of all the Foundry episodes was chosen to be featured. It has like no story (go rescue my son...) The level design was poor (the huge open rooms were pointless), the combat was boring, the dialog was boring. If an episode deserves to be featured, it should be something like the Spirits of Ramok Nor (sp?), Evangeline, the Worst of All Worlds, the mirror universe one with the different Borg, or any number of other episodes. Again, congrats to the author, but I don't have any clue why such a weak mission was featured, I'd thought they'd want to feature a shining example of player created missions like those mentioned above, not poor one. Just my opinion.

I currently have 3 out of 5 missions in the top 10, as the most highest rated and #1 on the hot list on KDF.... So I am clueless as why or how they pick the missions out.

I will say this... I applaud the effort of the writer of this mission, and spotlights are in my opinion a way to show little played missions that are amazing, that are lost in the soup.

I take nothing away from the spotlight mission or the selection they made. The truth is, Cryptic features a mission, and the players feature what they like with votes and rating within the system.

I am more proud of the fact people play and like what I created, and because of that I plan to do more.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple_of_Scot
I went to watch this today and it loaded up the Fighter's Vid instead. Foundry title but wrong vid.

I had watched the fighter one first. When I clicked on thevid from the Videos tab it redownloaded the fighter video. Reset history/cookies and got same thing.
Thanks for pointing this out! Wires got crossed for some reason for the STO video gallery version. The correct video should now play when clicking on "Foundry Spotlight Mission 2" in the gallery.