Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Since Friday evening, I have run the Delta Data (Daily) mission a total of six times across two characters. I have only received twp Rare Particle in all that time. All of my scanning has been in either a Delta Flyer or Runabout in the Rolar Nebula.

I scanned a total of 77 anomalies and successfully completed the mini game 75 times. Normally I get a handful of Rare Traces every day and I scan nowhere near as many as 77 anomalies.

Has anyone else experienced a noticable decrease in Rare Particle drops since the last patch?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-20-2011, 10:46 PM
I have had the opposite results. I normally do not get many while scanning but on a new toon I have had several appear and not having scanned that many anomalies.

It is random it comes and goes and you have a probability of getting a trace sometimes the numbers land in your favor sometimes they don't
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-20-2011, 11:31 PM
I got a rare and a 1 hour skill bonus from one...no bs.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2011, 04:24 AM
If I remember correctly, the Rate of Rare Drops is set at around 1%, or in that area.

If that is true, then 1 Rare for 77 Regulars is not a problem, but would in fact be Standard.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-21-2011, 06:12 PM
The results are random. Completing the mini game gives you a higher chance of getting better or more items. Sadly, I'm unable to go further into the mechanics for them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-21-2011, 09:25 PM
I would go with random, I have got 3 rare traces in a row with one toon....not good ones, but still all rare and then after 3 more I got a chroniton (rare) trace....but getting the 1 hour skill bonus was last week or so

once I lagged and Im not sure if I actually completed the mini game or not but in either case, I got a rare trace...hopefully I completed it, they shouldnt give you a rare if you dont get it right.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-22-2011, 05:57 AM
I have had 4 Chronometric, 4 Antithoron, 3 Vertion and 3 Metreon Purrticle Traces in one week, that's quite impurressive, and several second-class traces such as Anyon, Dekyon, Duderon, Trianium, Beta-Tachyon and such.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Catnip....
05-22-2011, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
I have had 4 Chronometric, 4 Antithoron, 3 Vertion and 3 Metreon Purrticle Traces in one week, that's quite impurressive, and several second-class traces such as Anyon, Dekyon, Duderon, Trianium, Beta-Tachyon and such.
I thought you might Enjoy some Catnip, so I am sending it along.

http://www.holoweb.com/cannon/images/Nepeta_cataria.jpg

Dig in.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Hmmm, which area has the best chance?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Yeah, i've not been getting a whole lot of any thing rare lately, and seeing how everything i need takes Antithoron and Chroniton, i'm getting everything but.

i don't know exactly WHEN this happened, but i think it was at least since the last patch. It worked fine before that although i still wasn't getting the two particles i need.