Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-21-2011, 03:04 PM
The lance was removable too, but the ship was still able to fire her off.
And no those two mini cannons are NOT enough to destinguish her from a Galxy R, especially if she is farther away. Same goes for the Lance, and some angles would make it impossible to keep them apart.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I think the piece that goes with the Lance is connected to the 3rd nacelle. Also, that's how the Gal-X looks in the game. Its not supposed to be pretty, it was supposed to be a Warship, basically its a Defaint X20.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-21-2011, 04:32 PM
I think the 3rd Nacelle is part of the Upgrade that made it a Galaxy X. No Third Nacelle = No Lance and No Cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Then it wouldn't be a Galaxy X? It would be something entirely different.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-22-2011, 02:21 AM
Well the ship itself is not canon and its an abomination to the beauty of the Galaxy Class. Unfortunatly it happens to be the most durable and powerful of all the Federation Cruisers and the only one with a cloak. If I had a choice to play this ship, I would not so I want the next best thing, to get rid of the awful... canon defying nacelle.

Roddenberry himself stated "Warp Nacelles MUST be in pairs"
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-22-2011, 03:34 AM
it was on screen so it IS canon

if you hate it that much, take the Galaxy-R instead that one is 100% canon

if you want the phaser lance than take the ship as it was on screen

removing the third necelle doesnt make it more canon it makes it less canon

personally i very much liked the look of the Galaxy-X from the first time iv'e seen it in All Good Things

and btw. in that future, Q showed Picard, the Federation was at War with the Klingons,
uuuhm yeah that did not happen at all, right?
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-22-2011, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondCelestalis View Post
Well the ship itself is not canon and its an abomination to the beauty of the Galaxy Class. Unfortunatly it happens to be the most durable and powerful of all the Federation Cruisers and the only one with a cloak. If I had a choice to play this ship, I would not so I want the next best thing, to get rid of the awful... canon defying nacelle.

Roddenberry himself stated "Warp Nacelles MUST be in pairs"
You might want to watch 'TNG:All good things...' before claiming that this ship is not canon, because she deinitely IS canon.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-22-2011, 04:36 AM
If you remove the third nacelle it's no longer a Galaxy-X. That's how it looked in All Good Things... What's next, allowing us to remove the two nacelles on the Galaxy or Intrepid class? If you don't like how it looks, use another ship.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-22-2011, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
If you remove the third nacelle it's no longer a Galaxy-X. That's how it looked in All Good Things... What's next, allowing us to remove the two nacelles on the Galaxy or Intrepid class? If you don't like how it looks, use another ship.
Yes, if there was a better cruiser to use as an Engineer, then I would jump on it. However my friend and I have managed to prove that the Galaxy X outmatches any other cruiser and is the best choice for an engineer, even without its cloaking ability or its phaser lance. I just want to make a few "additions" to ship in order to make it less ugly.

I personally don't care if CBS say the ship is canon, to me it isn't because its part of an alternative future that never happened and I don't personally chose to endorse it. Ever. The Federation was not at war with the Klingons, there were tensions on both sides because they invaded the Romulan Empire, did that happen in this timeline... eh not really?
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-22-2011, 05:16 AM
NO

Do not remove the third nacelle, if you remove the third nacelle you take your identity, even if this is only an option. If you don't like the third nacelle go fly a galaxy-r. In the show she is so, and should remain so in the STO.