Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-22-2011, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenworth_Archer
NO

Do not remove the third nacelle, if you remove the third nacelle you take your identity, even if this is only an option. If you don't like the third nacelle go fly a galaxy-r. In the show she is so, and should remain so in the STO.
The ship is only in the game because enough people moaned about wanting it. So you should have the right to change it if you want to use the abilities but not look like a Galaxy class that suffers from cancer.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Hmmm... No.

Either you have performance, but not looks, or looks, but not performance. It's a trade off.

As for having originally the option, but removing it for PvP reasons, I find that disgraceful and just another nail in the "PvP Should be abolished from STO" coffin.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Thanatos View Post
Hmmm... No.

Either you have performance, but not looks, or looks, but not performance. It's a trade off.

As for having originally the option, but removing it for PvP reasons, I find that disgraceful and just another nail in the "PvP Should be abolished from STO" coffin.
There is no such trade off on the Sovereign, Defiant, Intrepid... etc. Actually wait, the Sovereign turns like a sack of potatoes and has none of the grace that Enterprise-E has.

As for recognition in PvP... WHEN THE HELL DO YOU SEE A GALAXY DECLOAK? LOL
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-22-2011, 09:39 AM
I don't care if you think it's ugly, SHE IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE SO, if you bought you should know that she has three nacelles, has a picture on the C-STORE. This option shouldn't be open to discussions.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondCelestalis View Post
Well the ship itself is not canon and its an abomination to the beauty of the Galaxy Class.
If you dislike it that much why fly it?

Quote:
Unfortunatly it happens to be the most durable and powerful of all the Federation Cruisers
No it isn't.

Quote:
and the only one with a cloak.
Aren't cloaks broken right now? And even if they were fixed, mask energy signature gets the job done if you really really want to 'stealth'

Quote:
If I had a choice to play this ship, I would not so I want the next best thing, to get rid of the awful... canon defying nacelle.

Roddenberry himself stated "Warp Nacelles MUST be in pairs"
For this ship the third nacelle is canon.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenworth_Archer
I don't care if you think it's ugly, SHE IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE SO, if you bought you should know that she has three nacelles, has a picture on the C-STORE. This option shouldn't be open to discussions.
No, I bought it because its simply the most useful cruiser on the Federation side of the game. I have since switched to the Sovereign. I just thought it would be nice to have the option there, but since everyone is utterly opposed to losing the beloved nacelle, guess I should not have even bothered asking.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Quote:
I have since switched to the Sovereign.
Excellent choice. NOW you are flying the most powerful and useful cruiser in the game. Sorry you had to spend so much time (and probably money) to learn that lesson the hard way. But welcome to the fleet proper now.

Lt. Commander
# 28
05-22-2011, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Excellent choice. NOW you are flying the most powerful and useful cruiser in the game. Sorry you had to spend so much time (and probably money) to learn that lesson the hard way. But welcome to the fleet proper now.

Well... its not my fault, I was told that was the most powerful ship in terms of gameplay. So I blame my fleet but yes, I like the Sovvy more.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Maybe you should have CBS order a redo on the TNG final episode "All Good Things", making Riker's ship 2 nacelled....then perhaps Cryptic could change the Gal-X since it wouldnt be canon anymore...simple.

Good Luck.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Well... its not my fault, I was told that was the most powerful ship in terms of gameplay. So I blame my fleet but yes, I like the Sovvy more.
You may want to talk to your fleet. It doesn't sound like they like you very much.