Lt. Commander
# 1 anomaly in Cutting the Cord
05-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Something is different in Cutting the Cord, toward the end of the mission. I did the replay this week and at the end of the ground portion, after the villain is dead, one has to beam out and destroy the gateway. I was unable to beam out and so I did the entire mission again. The same thing happened, only this time, my character was walking around after having been burnt to a crisp by a thalaron seeker or mine. I scanned the area and located a small starship hologram in the corner of the map and when I scanned it, I was able to beam out and finish the mission.

My question is: how is one supposed to know about the hologram that allows one to finish the mission?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2011, 02:03 PM
it was added because people said that the torpedo attack was too close to your character, so they added a little bit about moving away from the site of the gate to avoid the explosion. this was added about a week or two after it first was created.

it says in the mission text go to a safe distance and there is a circle way point on the mini map showing you where to go.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
it was added because people said that the torpedo attack was too close to your character, so they added a little bit about moving away from the site of the gate to avoid the explosion. this was added about a week or two after it first was created.

it says in the mission text go to a safe distance and there is a circle way point on the mini map showing you where to go.
I agree that the torpedo attack was too close and I went all over the place trying to find the safe place. The second time I played the replay episode, I thought to scan the area and then I noticed the circle when I looked in the mini map for something. I think that had a never played the episode during the original run, I would have scanned right away and it was my familiarity with the scene that kept me from finding the hologram.

I should have taken a screenshot of my charred character walking around. I think I should have been dead and I did not remember the thalaron in that place during the original run.