Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
They are the same thing mostly, just a different shape. They should be in the same pack
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-21-2011, 01:07 AM
So they can charge double.

Next question?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-21-2011, 01:15 AM
well in reality they are not. they are two different ships.

they both look different, which is pretty much the bulk of the work as the artist has to 2 ships instead of 1 and while the both have the same set up they have to be coded in individually to different factions. they fac t they are similar in many ways is irrelevant. one fighter does not mean the second just gets into the game as well. again more work.

it would be nice if they were in the same pact as well as separate, and maybe knock a couple of hundred points off for buying both of them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-21-2011, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
well in reality they are not. they are two different ships.

they both look different, which is pretty much the bulk of the work as the artist has to 2 ships instead of 1 and while the both have the same set up they have to be coded in individually to different factions. they fac t they are similar in many ways is irrelevant. one fighter does not mean the second just gets into the game as well. again more work.

it would be nice if they were in the same pact as well as separate, and maybe knock a couple of hundred points off for buying both of them.
That was the bes advertising line I've read for something to cover that they just want to double charge you.
The next logical step would be to sell the updates and fixes also in the c-store since they have to code them individualy. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-21-2011, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
So they can charge double.

Next question?
This. The games I usually play, LOTRO and STO, are unfortunately the most expensive to play. F2P... haha. STO is not even F2P and well... I always wonder for what they charge next and how much.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-21-2011, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihnako View Post
That was the bes advertising line I've read for something to cover that they just want to double charge you.
The next logical step would be to sell the updates and fixes also in the c-store since they have to code them individualy. :p
facts are facts. creating a fed fighter does not magically create a klingon one or visa versa. man power is needed to make both. cryptic have decided that certain items from that manpower will make it into the store. we may not like it, or maybe we do, but that's the facts.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-21-2011, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
facts are facts. creating a fed fighter does not magically create a klingon one or visa versa. man power is needed to make both. cryptic have decided that certain items from that manpower will make it into the store. we may not like it, or maybe we do, but that's the facts.
You'r babbeling about something you don't know nor can judge. Creating a UFP fighter does in deed take the same ammount as creating a KDF fighter but never the less - it's an act of robbery to double charge the playerbase. Booth are practicaly the same except the appearance and that's something a prfessional developerteam is clicking in a couple of hours. Oups... I forgot we'r talking about the developer team that postpone it's own scedules.

And that's where we should end this conversation
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-21-2011, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihnako View Post
You'r babbeling about something you don't know nor can judge. Creating a UFP fighter does in deed take the same ammount as creating a KDF fighter but never the less - it's an act of robbery to double charge the playerbase.
They could have sold us both for the price of 800 Atari Points. That would have been fair as well, two ships for the price of one!

The prices are set the way they are because enough people pay for them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
05-21-2011, 06:19 AM
I donīt think it was an decision by Cryptic.
And Atari only want to suck out as much money they can from us trekkis before they sell Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
05-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longasc
This. The games I usually play, LOTRO and STO, are unfortunately the most expensive to play. F2P... haha. STO is not even F2P and well... I always wonder for what they charge next and how much.
I just have a tiny question. Feel free to ignore it...


Is the fighter needed to play the game?
Like right now... Instead of waiting a few weeks and craft it instead.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:06 AM.