Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
05-22-2011, 08:51 PM
1) Great story!

2) Wow, that's the biggest signature I've ever seen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
05-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman653 View Post
2) Wow, that's the biggest signature I've ever seen.
Save it now if you're gonna, 'cause tomorrow it'll be gone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
05-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Lol! You had me at:

"And Sulu had the role of the guy on your away team that would run through a plasma fire to palm strike a batíleth wielding Klingon."

Why always the bloody Swordmaster too for cryin' out loud? Ever wish you could jog up and just push them both off a cliff?

"Kirk: My God Bones what have I-- Chekov did you just inject your self with a Hypo spray? You have full health and we aren't even in combat yet!"

Yes. Never, ever, give BOFFs hypos. Or nothing more than small ones anyway.

"Kirk: Sulu stop jumping up onto that rock."

Yes!.. With their ridiculous entire object scaling jumping ability no less. Not just limited to BOFFs either. Was once in the generater destruction portion of Khitomer Accord and knocked a borg drone off the railing down three floors, some 50-60 feet easy, just to have it seconds later jump right back up there!

"McCoy: He got stuck on a tree just up that last hill, Rear Admiral Upper Half."

YES!... Always...

"as all the Klingons completely ignore his away team and come right at him."

YES!!! Even sometimes when posting your team a quarter mile away and taking refuge behind a wall/cliff-face thoroughly out of sight so you can go get a beverage/go the restroom during what looks to be an easy fight. Only to return with two of the original three enemies standing over your smoking carcass! While your entire away team is still wrestling with the third guy!

"Commander Kruge beams down."

Hopefully with voice-clips by the ever so dastardly Christopher Lloyd who played him lol!

So friggin' funny...

P.s. CPT. LEE, good gawd man! Your sig!...Seriously?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
05-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ
Commander Kruge beams down, Kirk and his crew shoot, club and leg sweep him to death.

Wait, what? Commander Kruge is a Klingon Captain Level NPC. He will at least one-shot Kirk and his away-team two times!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
05-23-2011, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Wait, what? Commander Kruge is a Klingon Captain Level NPC. He will at least one-shot Kirk and his away-team two times!
Omg, lmao! I've noticed this. I've also backtracked into the combat data to find things like, "Targ Handler deals [Insert ludicrous xxxx digit number here] disruptor damage to-". I realize this game runs on a sort of D&D style pre-attack roll for attacks, critical hits, damage, dodge probability, etc. But what could possibly cause it to bring up numbers in the thousands for a damage roll? Is there some kind of combat balancing system in the game that basically decides that a fight may or may not be difficult enough according to whom you're fighting? Namely by evening the score, insta-killing team mates.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
05-23-2011, 09:19 AM
My sides hurt now, very lol'some.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
05-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
My sides hurt now, very lol'some.
^^
Mine too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
05-23-2011, 01:33 PM
The OP is priceless
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
05-24-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm glad every one likes the random thoughts that I have while playing STO.

I do have a somewhat serious question, kind of Star Trek III related though. The Klingon Bird of Prey has Romulan style red bird feathers on the underside of its wings from Star Trek III all the way to the finale episode of DS9. We all know why a Klingon ship has Romulan hull markings. My question is, why do the Klingon Bird of Preys (or is the plural Birds of Prey?) in STO have the red feathers on the top of the wings instead of the bottoms?

Secondly has this ever been asked?

Fourth-- No Third, If it hasn't why not?

Fourth is there any talk of that Captain Logan fellow fixing it and making the BoP's canon like he did the in game Galaxy and Constitution classes?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
05-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachery_Wilhelm View Post
Lol! You had me at:

"And Sulu had the role of the guy on your away team that would run through a plasma fire to palm strike a batíleth wielding Klingon."

Why always the bloody Swordmaster too for cryin' out loud? Ever wish you could jog up and just push them both off a cliff?

"Kirk: My God Bones what have I-- Chekov did you just inject your self with a Hypo spray? You have full health and we aren't even in combat yet!"

Yes. Never, ever, give BOFFs hypos. Or nothing more than small ones anyway.

"Kirk: Sulu stop jumping up onto that rock."

Yes!.. With their ridiculous entire object scaling jumping ability no less. Not just limited to BOFFs either. Was once in the generater destruction portion of Khitomer Accord and knocked a borg drone off the railing down three floors, some 50-60 feet easy, just to have it seconds later jump right back up there!

"McCoy: He got stuck on a tree just up that last hill, Rear Admiral Upper Half."

YES!... Always...

"as all the Klingons completely ignore his away team and come right at him."

YES!!! Even sometimes when posting your team a quarter mile away and taking refuge behind a wall/cliff-face thoroughly out of sight so you can go get a beverage/go the restroom during what looks to be an easy fight. Only to return with two of the original three enemies standing over your smoking carcass! While your entire away team is still wrestling with the third guy!

"Commander Kruge beams down."

Hopefully with voice-clips by the ever so dastardly Christopher Lloyd who played him lol!

So friggin' funny...

P.s. CPT. LEE, good gawd man! Your sig!...Seriously?
Ok, I have to ask. Am I the ONLY player in this game that has actual competent BOs? Seriously, I know the AI was pretty terribad at launch, but since at least season 3 my BOs have performed better than 95% of the players I've grouped with. If I could take them on Infected runs, I'd have that place cleared in an hour.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ
I'm glad every one likes the random thoughts that I have while playing STO.

I do have a somewhat serious question, kind of Star Trek III related though. The Klingon Bird of Prey has Romulan style red bird feathers on the underside of its wings from Star Trek III all the way to the finale episode of DS9. We all know why a Klingon ship has Romulan hull markings. My question is, why do the Klingon Bird of Preys (or is the plural Birds of Prey?) in STO have the red feathers on the top of the wings instead of the bottoms?

Secondly has this ever been asked?

Fourth-- No Third, If it hasn't why not?

Fourth is there any talk of that Captain Logan fellow fixing it and making the BoP's canon like he did the in game Galaxy and Constitution classes?
Simply mistake, I would assume.

It probably has been.

See above.

I'm sure he can if he gets a chance.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:17 PM.