Lt. Commander
I have updated Sorti Rising and re-released it.

Mission: Sorti Rising

Author: Commodore_stipe

Federation 31+

Synopsis:

You are sent to Sorti Prime to conduct its final evaluation in the application for Federation membership. However, Federation politics and the discovery of a long kept secret make this no easy mission. Difficult choices face you. Will Sorti gain your approval for Federation membership? The ending is up to you. Multiple endings based on your thougts of the evidence. The final call is yours.

Features:

Excellant background history on a new civilization.
Exploration
Diplomacy
Light ground and space combat
Multiple endings
Been rated as haivng a real trek episode feel.
Several ways to avoid fights

Play now!

Special thanks to Duke-of-Rock for extensive help with editing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Impressive depth to this mission (given the optional nature to explore that depth you provide to the player). I commend you for that. The Sortians are very well thought out, to think they almost destroyed their entire civilization even at the height of unification, well its a good story and in fact a good mystery.

As for the mission itself, I found it quite enjoyable. There are some spelling mistakes... like 'Federatino' and some cases were you say '.. CMO, he will meet you in transporter room ' - where you could replace HE with they to remain neutral to what people may have set on their ship (in their mind).

In the mine, when the Viceroy beams in, he was accompanied by two others - both named "UGC contact" and I think you meant the human to be part of the player's crew? - maybe use the Jupiter series uniform as soon as its in foundry.

The space battle in relation to the Prime Directive? WOW - I have NEVER experienced that in a mission so far. Wonderful plot device to see used. What I would suggest, is that you check out one of Kirkfat's videos (starbase UGC) about planting a spaceship inside an object in space so that you can have S'Within (? eek) attack the station a little, to add even more urgency to the situation - unless you were specifically intending he not reached the station yet and you intercept him on time.

Nice attention to detail with the explosion inside the station, i.e. the charred remnants of wall/metalic debris. Alot of people wouldn't have bothered. The forcefield blocking the hostiles in that room, brilliant ^^. Should the hostages who are being tagged not be transported up straight away instead of being left behind when you vacate the room - leaving the alone and traumatized ^^

If some groups were supposed to be trapped by the final large yellow forcefield, they weren't. ^^

All I can say is, concerning the times we are on our bridge perhaps make the spawnpoint in the corridor outside the bridge, or some creative way to do it in the ready room without showing the actual bridge so it gels with the most people.

ooooohohohoh the multiple decisions on Federation endorsement.. wow what a fantastic mission point, I really didn't think it would be this much of a crunch to proceed. My Officers had strong points and I liked them discussing it between themselves too.

My final ingame review (pity it is so brief due to character limit):

You went above and beyond what is out there in the foundry.A truely indepth story, with seriously compelling story decisions thrust into the player's hands... bravo. Make more plz. This is one of the only missions I can justify giving that extra Fifth Star.

Lt. Commander
# 3
05-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Impressive depth to this mission (given the optional nature to explore that depth you provide to the player). I commend you for that. The Sortians are very well thought out, to think they almost destroyed their entire civilization even at the height of unification, well its a good story and in fact a good mystery.

As for the mission itself, I found it quite enjoyable. There are some spelling mistakes... like 'Federatino' and some cases were you say '.. CMO, he will meet you in transporter room ' - where you could replace HE with they to remain neutral to what people may have set on their ship (in their mind).

In the mine, when the Viceroy beams in, he was accompanied by two others - both named "UGC contact" and I think you meant the human to be part of the player's crew? - maybe use the Jupiter series uniform as soon as its in foundry.

The space battle in relation to the Prime Directive? WOW - I have NEVER experienced that in a mission so far. Wonderful plot device to see used. What I would suggest, is that you check out one of Kirkfat's videos (starbase UGC) about planting a spaceship inside an object in space so that you can have S'Within (? eek) attack the station a little, to add even more urgency to the situation - unless you were specifically intending he not reached the station yet and you intercept him on time.

Nice attention to detail with the explosion inside the station, i.e. the charred remnants of wall/metalic debris. Alot of people wouldn't have bothered. The forcefield blocking the hostiles in that room, brilliant ^^. Should the hostages who are being tagged not be transported up straight away instead of being left behind when you vacate the room - leaving the alone and traumatized ^^

If some groups were supposed to be trapped by the final large yellow forcefield, they weren't. ^^

All I can say is, concerning the times we are on our bridge perhaps make the spawnpoint in the corridor outside the bridge, or some creative way to do it in the ready room without showing the actual bridge so it gels with the most people.

ooooohohohoh the multiple decisions on Federation endorsement.. wow what a fantastic mission point, I really didn't think it would be this much of a crunch to proceed. My Officers had strong points and I liked them discussing it between themselves too.

My final ingame review (pity it is so brief due to character limit):

You went above and beyond what is out there in the foundry.A truely indepth story, with seriously compelling story decisions thrust into the player's hands... bravo. Make more plz. This is one of the only missions I can justify giving that extra Fifth Star.

Thank you. Your review and comments here mean a lot to me. I put three weeks into this mission.

That I still have typos is killing me. i have reread that text so much I can almost quote it. If you happen to remember, at least in general, where you remember seeing any it would help.

I will correct the UCG contact with viceroy. I added then in later and must have just overlooked it.

The forcefield, in the last room, was supposed to confine them. However, even with erecting invisilbe walls, there is a foundry bug that lets them escape. It's a cryptic side error I don't know how to deal with (if that is even possible). i actually changed the science officer pop-up to account for that.

Thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Oh, sorry to pin a foundry bug on you.

um, if I can recall, there was a misspelling with 'believe' as 'beleieve' in one spot. I really can't recall any specifics until I replay it another time, (I'll make sure to take note, if I spot any then in order to help more).

The work really showed through in my opinion. It was a great story, backed by a great species. I'm happy to have played it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Oh, sorry to pin a foundry bug on you.

um, if I can recall, there was a misspelling with 'believe' as 'beleieve' in one spot. I really can't recall any specifics until I replay it another time, (I'll make sure to take note, if I spot any then in order to help more).

The work really showed through in my opinion. It was a great story, backed by a great species. I'm happy to have played it.
Thanks. I'l wade through the text again.