Lt. Commander
# 1 Heals in PvP
05-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Okay heres another thread I thought that could use some dialogue. Since the Dev Team seems to think it's okay.

Is heals in STO too good? Or is it okay?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Heals/resist stacking are OP.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Okay heres another thread I thought that could use some dialogue. Since the Dev Team seems to think it's okay.

Is heals in STO too good? Or is it okay?
My only comment is the huge gulf between PuG healing and semi premade healing. I personally go back and forth with whether this game needs a ship setup as a dedicated healer/resist stacker. I understand its purpose I just think that team healing should be less efficient then self healing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-23-2011, 11:35 AM
I think it's strong and it leads to a very odd gameplay experience the way it is, with people jumping back from 1 % hull to 100 % in two seconds.

But how much of "too strong" is it? People still die, even with all the healing available in the game. Can the team which brought the most healing guarantee a win?

I don't know.

If there were things to nerf, I would probably look into the potential of cross-healing. Instantanous Heals could come with a short "Heal Resistance" debuff, that makes stacking additional heals weaker, and HOTs could simply not stack and just apply only the best heal available at the time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post

But how much of "too strong" is it? People still die, even with all the healing available in the game. Can the team which brought the most healing guarantee a win?

I don't know.
No i have been in many matches where overall the team i have been on have been out healed, sometimes out healed and out damaged and still won
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
No i have been in many matches where overall the team i have been on have been out healed, sometimes out healed and out damaged and still won
The numbers at the end of the match mean little. Primarily serves as... male member... comparison...
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
I think it's strong and it leads to a very odd gameplay experience the way it is, with people jumping back from 1 % hull to 100 % in two seconds.

I don't know.

If there were things to nerf, I would probably look into the potential of cross-healing. Instantanous Heals could come with a short "Heal Resistance" debuff, that makes stacking additional heals weaker, and HOTs could simply not stack and just apply only the best heal available at the time.
I like this idea. This doesn't completely make healers irreverent and provides a nice balance to zombie healers.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Assuming the player/team is competent enough, nothing would die outside of SNB.

Pretty stupid if you ask me. Ressts are way too high to the point where abilities such as Rotate Shield Frequency, extend shields, etc is like a 30 second invulnerability. To counter invulnerability you need somethin that removes invulnerability (i.e SNB). Wow, the logic.

Cryptic clearly has no idea what to do for PvP. This game is catered for PvErs, proably because tha's where the market's at.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:

That is very much true. And find it odd inspite of us mentioning this, the Dev Team doesn't want to investigate. Which is why I thought we have another discussion.

Shield Resistances were nerfed because people were shield invulnerable, and now it's more of Heal invulnerability. Essentially those with the strongest heals wins. It's not like those in other MMOs where Clerics have strong heals and weak Offense, but STO is like combining clerics with wizards. Strong Offense and Defense.

Quote:
Indeed, they could do like Target Subsystems where the stronger takes the priority. So we wouldn't see Hazzard 1 stacking with Hazzard 2, but Hazzard 2 taking priority.

Personally, I think Hazzard Emitters should be toned down. How much, I'm honestly not sure. Always annoyed me that Cryptic made hull heals (Engineering Team) a weak ability given that you have to invest in a Tier 2 and 5 skill to boost heals by 2000 points. While Hazzard Emitters needs a Tier 2 and 4 skill, which yields far, far better quality heals. For instance an unskilled HE at min Aux is about the same as fully skilled ET.

Hopefuly we all can find somekind of medium here to get these heals in the goldilocks zone.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
That is very much true. And find it odd inspite of us mentioning this, the Dev Team doesn't want to investigate. Which is why I thought we have another discussion.
I seem to remember comments indicating they were actually discussing about this as well.

But considering they haven't even fixed BFAW, it should be no surprise they haven't come around this either.

Still, gathering some suggestions on how to fix this (maybe for a change in a manner that the PvE crowd isn't affected even, which something like healing resistance debuffs could achieve), might be neat.