Lt. Commander
# 11
05-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragarr
Yes but comparing the Peregrine to the Delta Flyer you lose an officer slot to gain CRF, so to use a beam on the Peregrine is shooting yourself in the foot with lack of an officer skill.
Replace the torpedo launcher, not the cannons.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Forget beam array...Use a Turret. hehe. Get the 360...and can use rapid fire. That's what I did...works just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
Forget beam array...Use a Turret. hehe. Get the 360...and can use rapid fire. That's what I did...works just fine.
Well, if you really want to optimize things around not being able to worry about actually steering the thing, go with a beam array and a turret and then slot a tac BO with beam overload. Of course, I recommend this more for an engineer since otherwise you've got pretty much zero survivability options otherwise.

Personally, though, I don't have much trouble keeping things in my cannon arc and slotted an RCS Accelerator for good measure, so I can get a little more burst out of my rapid fire while having the 360-degree beam overload pop available as well as some consistent damage. Doesn't hurt when you're specced into beams, either.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resz
Well, if you really want to optimize things around not being able to worry about actually steering the thing, go with a beam array and a turret and then slot a tac BO with beam overload. Of course, I recommend this more for an engineer since otherwise you've got pretty much zero survivability options otherwise.

Personally, though, I don't have much trouble keeping things in my cannon arc and slotted an RCS Accelerator for good measure, so I can get a little more burst out of my rapid fire while having the 360-degree beam overload pop available as well as some consistent damage. Doesn't hurt when you're specced into beams, either.

I do rather well in my fighter...and my main is an engineer....Unless you are talking PvP...I have no personal data on that.