Lt. Commander
# 41
06-05-2011, 09:28 AM
PvP and grind is what a Klingon has to do right now. I can tell you those awesome featured episodes get lame real fast when you've played them through every rank.

I'm fine with the fed side having more "story" missions, and the kdf being more of a grind. But if they're going to keep it that way then give the kdf more repeatable missions to grind. For instance 2 sorties for every sector block we have access to.

Now everyone who plays a KDF will want more story missions, just like the feds have. But lets face it, thats not going to happen. But I think giving them/us more repeatable missions that are not all that time consuming to make we can get more stuff to do.

Right now that would mean 12 repeatable missions for all the areas kdf has access to. 2 of those are already in game. Not including the optional mission Path of the Warrior. Plus if the next featured series is around DS9, then thats either 1 or 2 new blocks for kdf, which then could be 4 more repeatable sorties for the kdf. All of which being able to complete 1 after the other.

Might be me, but I'd be happy with that.

And yes I know alot of kdf players argue that those missions are broken, but you can complete them.
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-09-2011, 08:03 AM
Well I think the number of Fed story missions is 68 to the 12 story missions on the KDF side. So I would like to see Cryptic add just a little more on the KDF side and bring the gap to something like Fed 68 KDF 40. I don't think it will happen but I can dream.
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-11-2011, 03:40 AM
Giving priority to Klingon content is the way to go.

FEs should work for both sides (and Roms when they are added, if it's applicable), obviously, but "normal" missions should be also developed to fill the gaps in Klingon content. That doesn't mean stopping adding missions to Feds, but I'd say that a ratio of 3:1 or 4:1 should be a correct expectation, Klingon:Fed ratio, obviously. It will take a long time to reduce the huge difference that's currently in game, and I don't expect realistically Klingon content to ever "catch up" to the Feds, but having say, 70/80 instead of 12/62 will give a much more balanced feel to the gagh-eaters.

Keeping a 1:1 ratio of of missions reduces the gap, but way too slowly. They actually need a "boost" at least in the short or medium run.
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-11-2011, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
I ask why make the distinction. Currently the plan is to crank out featured episodes that are available to both factions. why stop high end bi-faction content that makes everyone happy, in favor of less polished, at times weak content just for the sake of "catching up a faction". What's done is done. Feature episodes is good stuff for both factions. Why deviate from that? Klingons are still getting more content with the episodes. now if you had said put a stop to fed costumes and ships in favor or klingon costumes and ships..then by all means...go ahead. Feds have plenty of costumes and ships for the time being. I don't mind seeing a little lay off from that in favor of bring that portion of content up to par with feds. But not episodes or mission content. the current plan makes everyone happy and it is high quality.
I took time to read the whole thread and had to come back to this. The problem with FEs as a way to flesh out the KDF experience is that FEs are naturally biased to the Feds. Feels just a bit awkward to be a KDF tactical officer administering medical aid to the Deferi only to turn around and play psychoanalyst to a Breen captive in Cold Comfort.

So the question I pose is are you willing to to play Klingon biased agnostic FEs as a Fed? Given the amount of time that Feds spend blowing ships out of the sky and even attacking religious devotes in worship, (The mission in Cardassian space where you stop a Bajoran zealot, sorry I can't remember the name but I played it yesterday. Oh and the mission just before it when you find a shapeshifter and those Jem'hedar are in supplication around the pond it is in), before they even fire the first shot, Feds should have a pretty easy time swallowing KDF biased material.

If you could stomach such a notion and the Devs were to make a couple more than a few KDF biased FEs I would be more for the notion of only agnostic FEs for mission expansion in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-11-2011, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
I took time to read the whole thread and had to come back to this. The problem with FEs as a way to flesh out the KDF experience is that FEs are naturally biased to the Feds. Feels just a bit awkward to be a KDF tactical officer administering medical aid to the Deferi only to turn around and play psychoanalyst to a Breen captive in Cold Comfort.

So the question I pose is are you willing to to play Klingon biased agnostic FEs as a Fed? Given the amount of time that Feds spend blowing ships out of the sky and even attacking religious devotes in worship, (The mission in Cardassian space where you stop a Bajoran zealot, sorry I can't remember the name but I played it yesterday. Oh and the mission just before it when you find a shapeshifter and those Jem'hedar are in supplication around the pond it is in), before they even fire the first shot, Feds should have a pretty easy time swallowing KDF biased material.

If you could stomach such a notion and the Devs were to make a couple more than a few KDF biased FEs I would be more for the notion of only agnostic FEs for mission expansion in the future.
I think that it shoudl be relatively easy to add klingon flavour to some of this, the breen for example , could be "apealling" to his sense of honour rather than acting as a physcoanalyst, and adminstering aid, could be made a science option as it was in in the Azura mission
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
I think the popularity of the recent remastered episode shows that Feds are ok with Klingon biased content.

Apparently more than 12% of the population enjoys Klingon content... who knew ?
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-11-2011, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran_Mak_Morrn View Post
I think the popularity of the recent remastered episode shows that Feds are ok with Klingon biased content.

Apparently more than 12% of the population enjoys Klingon content... who knew ?
That would be my hidden point. Given the spark of interest that the remastered Doomsday episode generated it seems that there is some genuine interest in Klingon culture even among Fed only players. It was suggested that Doomsday was intended to help grow the KDF population by showing that KDF material is fun and original. If that is true then KDF biased FEs would serve to reinforce this among Fed players who are on the fence. Plus you get the added bonus of KDF fans not feeling quite so far out in the cold, and Feds still get their added content.
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-11-2011, 07:04 AM
cryptic dropped an enormous ball in regards to the kdf.
They gave them no content than wondered why nobody played them.
Then justified not giving them equal content to the fact that nobody was playing them.

Imagine other MMO's did that?
WOW, since the alliance was the most popular, why put effort into the horde faction?
Look now, the population is almost exact on all servers.

That could have happened here.
Lt. Commander
# 49
06-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
cryptic dropped an enormous ball in regards to the kdf.
They gave them no content than wondered why nobody played them.
Then justified not giving them equal content to the fact that nobody was playing them.

Imagine other MMO's did that?
WOW, since the alliance was the most popular, why put effort into the horde faction?
Look now, the population is almost exact on all servers.

That could have happened here.
I only played for a little over a month, but like with STO, when I did play WoW I played both sides. While much of the content is the same the Horde has unique areas, unique quests, unique gear, even unique emotes to set them apart from the Alliance. I would like to think that uniqueness, imagery and mechanics help to maintain the Horde's population by way of novelty that sets it apart from the other faction. While there are more Alliance players than Horde there are allot more active Horde at any given time than some paltry 12%.
Lt. Commander
# 50
06-11-2011, 11:17 PM
The discrepancy is growing while at the same time the active KDF population is shrinking, im sure that Cryptic has the population data, and I for one would like to see the population spread over the last 6 months or so.

Heres the short list of things that are needed that the fed side of the game seems to get in abundance,

more customization options, uniforms and eventually new ships.

whatever happened to that k'tinga refit that was underway?

Any sort of Lethean craft coming? We need more t5 KDF cruisers, currently theres a whopping 3 choices, Negh'var, Orion Marauder (Mr. Peanut), or Vor'cha, and of these there are only 2 Neghvar variants and two vorcha variants, the Marauder only has one and its awful, it looks like someone took an EVE Galliente craft, microwaved it so it would bloat up more, and then rolled it in dirt and green glitter.