Lt. Commander
# 1 What we *really* need
05-24-2011, 01:04 AM
There are several functions that are in the game but not in the Foundry. Functions we need to make better missions. All we do when we make a Foundry mission is trick and cheat to get the desired effect. Smoke and mIrrors.

What we need:
  • Body scaling options
    To make more interesting characters and to compensate for the long-armed dwarves we have now.
  • The ability to group objects
    I moved an entire self-built building yesterday part by part. To get everything aligned again was not funny, mainly because of the next point:
  • More decimal places
    I aligned some force fields to the fourth number after the comma, when I made my mission. You can imagine how pleasant that was when you only see a rounded value.
  • Timers
    All that trickery with fighting groups and volcanos should not be necessary.
  • Better descriptions of the assets or the ability to write your own (and save them)
    The self-opening doors for example are different from each other (different labels like "SICKBAY" or "MAIN ENGINEERING"), but you can't see any in the asset list. So basically you have to place all doors, test the map and write down which door has which label.
  • Better zoom factors
    It's almost impossible to align small objects in the editor since you can't zoom in close enough.
  • Beam out NPCs
    This is so badly needed. I can't count anymore how many people asked if this is possible (and were disappointed after they got the answer).
  • Stopping a fight when the enemy reaches X percentage (or zero health by default)
    Necessary in combination with the previous point. We've seen it in "Diplomatic Orders", "War is good for Business", "Cold Storage", "Infected", "Cutting the Cord", "Second Star to the Right", "Night of the Comet" and many many more.
  • Single enemies
    ...without groups.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-24-2011, 01:44 AM
heartily agreed!
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-28-2011, 04:27 AM
Are you planning to add suggestions to yours list?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-28-2011, 05:30 AM
i agree to everyhing on this list! Devs, make it so!
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Very good list!
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-28-2011, 02:47 PM
And Dreadnought encounters in space maps, or non-scaling space groups for example, so you can fight a Dreasdnought with an allied battleship or a small fleet of allied cruisers and frigates for example.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-03-2011, 08:43 PM
More building blocks with better variety and please some force-field props for space, very important for getting trapped by the big nasty alien
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Great post! I am glad to see that I am not the only one have troubles with those little things.

Also...what I need most of all....is to not be able to shoot through walls and objects....please.