Lt. Commander
Please make it easier to organize fleet members!

I spend more then 5 hours every month trying to organize the fleet members...

Problem 1. Promotions and Demotions take forever to do because we have to go in and manually click a persons name 2-3 times to get the action done. There should be a check box next to the names and a option to promote all checked, demote all, kick all, etc...

Problem 2. There is no way of telling when a person joined the fleet without manually typing it in as a comment... Please add a column for when the person joined the fleet.

Problem 3. When a person joins or leaves the fleet it shows you the first name of the person and not their @name so there is no way of telling who actually joined or left... or to check if they have other chars in the fleet, so that you can promote them up to the rank of their other chars, or check and see if they are still in the fleet on another char...

Problem 4. When you have several chars of the same member in the fleet its impossible to find the other chars without reading all the @names in the fleet, or asking them what the first name is of the other chars are... we need an option to sort members by their @names.

Problem 5. Sorting members according to their comments, officer comment, or the last login date does not work. please fix this so that it's easier to find inactive players and demoting/ kicking them.

Problem 6. There is no way of knowing if a persons account is inactive until you promote or demote them, and then their name shows up as (null) and by the time you click promote and sees that they are (null) you do not remember who you just promoted and you have to spend 5 minutes trying to find them again, so you can demote them... Maybe you guys can have an extra field that shows if a persons account is a lifer, active or not...

Problem 7. When writing officer comments, unless you physically move the cursor to a new location it forgets what you wrote when you go to the next page of members.

Problem 8. There is no way of copying names, so that we can have a record of what the fleet structure looked like at a certain point in the past, for future reference... if we had the option to copy all names to say excel, we could look back at returning members what their rank were and when they originally joined.

Problem 9. If you suspect a member of being a bank thief your only option is to kick them from the fleet, what about having the option to deny them fleet bank access but let them stay in the fleet, until you figure out what is going on?

Problem 10. It would be awesome if we could give members awards in-game for different achievements like being helpful to others, a good STF leader, someone that donates a lot to the fleet bank, etc...

Thanks for reading
Nikita
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2011, 08:26 AM
This is very well thought out and I agree with everyone of them...I'm thinking about starting a fleet and I had no idea these were issues... Makes me want to hold off on starting a fleet..
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaCH View Post
Please make it easier to organize fleet members!

I spend more then 5 hours every month trying to organize the fleet members...

Problem 1. Promotions and Demotions take forever to do because we have to go in and manually click a persons name 2-3 times to get the action done. There should be a check box next to the names and a option to promote all checked, demote all, kick all, etc...

i agree i suppose.

Problem 2. There is no way of telling when a person joined the fleet without manually typing it in as a comment... Please add a column for when the person joined the fleet.

Recruitment officer usually keeps a personal record of when the person joined for 4th fleet

Problem 3. When a person joins or leaves the fleet it shows you the first name of the person and not their @name so there is no way of telling who actually joined or left... or to check if they have other chars in the fleet, so that you can promote them up to the rank of their other chars, or check and see if they are still in the fleet on another char...
I am reasonably sure, when the person joins the fleet it pops up on the screen.

Problem 4. When you have several chars of the same member in the fleet its impossible to find the other chars without reading all the @names in the fleet, or asking them what the first name is of the other chars are... we need an option to sort members by their @names.

Would love the @names to sortalbe but it is not impossible. Also recruitment officer should have his personal records.

Problem 5. Sorting members according to their comments, officer comment, or the last login date does not work. please fix this so that it's easier to find inactive players and demoting/ kicking them.
Agreed havent had to kick some1 for inactivity yet but I see where it can be aggravating

Problem 6. There is no way of knowing if a persons account is inactive until you promote or demote them, and then their name shows up as (null) and by the time you click promote and sees that they are (null) you do not remember who you just promoted and you have to spend 5 minutes trying to find them again, so you can demote them... Maybe you guys can have an extra field that shows if a persons account is a lifer, active or not...

Problem 7. When writing officer comments, unless you physically move the cursor to a new location it forgets what you wrote when you go to the next page of members. I use ts3 so I physically tell officers things.

Problem 8. There is no way of copying names, so that we can have a record of what the fleet structure looked like at a certain point in the past, for future reference... if we had the option to copy all names to say excel, we could look back at returning members what their rank were and when they originally joined.
Recruitment officer/ personnel records should be made them. A request to auto copy names to excel seems a bit lazy. It doesnt take forever to just type it in yourself.

Problem 9. If you suspect a member of being a bank thief your only option is to kick them from the fleet, what about having the option to deny them fleet bank access but let them stay in the fleet, until you figure out what is going on?
You do have an option for that. Infact you can make it so ONLY people you trust have bank access and everyone has to ask permission for things. This one seems to be a lack of know-how of the fleet system

Problem 10. It would be awesome if we could give members awards in-game for different achievements like being helpful to others, a good STF leader, someone that donates a lot to the fleet bank, etc...

Its called trading them 1mil gold a month from the fleet bank, Giving them purple items that have been stored in the bank, etc etc. Nothing is stopping you from rewarding them for it, other than yourself

Thanks for reading
Nikita

Responses in gold. or bold xD

I agreed for the most part though most of these thing seem to be able to be handled outside of the game by a competant recruitment officer. Perhaps rely less on the ingame tools and more on the tools you have available.

For example The Fourth Fleet, handles rosters In-game and out of the game. I keep my personal records (you may also check our site to see how our recruitment data is archived) my co keeps his personal records and once a week we meet up and synch *essentially*

http://bildr.no/view/852608
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Well yes you can make your own list of members, I have done that also in excel...

But when you have about 50 persons joining the fleet, and about 20-30 who quit playing the game every month. you end up spending a lot of time doing this, because first of all you have to write down the 50 new names to the excel sheet, and then you magically have to find the 20-30 members that now are inactive but don't show up as inactive. and remove them from your excel list of names so that you don't have a list that is 1000 members long when all you are allowed to keep is 500 members.... etc etc..

My point is that it should not be this complicated to keep track of members.

It should not be necessary to have to manually type out each name to a excel sheet. it should all be handled in-game with a few easy steps and clicks.

Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2011, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaCH View Post
Well yes you can make your own list of members, I have done that also in excel...

But when you have about 50 persons joining the fleet, and about 20-30 who quit playing the game every month. you end up spending a lot of time doing this, because first of all you have to write down the 50 new names to the excel sheet, and then you magically have to find the 20-30 members that now are inactive but don't show up as inactive. and remove them from your excel list of names so that you don't have a list that is 1000 members long when all you are allowed to keep is 500 members.... etc etc..

My point is that it should not be this complicated to keep track of members.

It should not be necessary to have to manually type out each name to a excel sheet. it should all be handled in-game with a few easy steps and clicks.

Then thats a problem with retention. other than that i get what youre saying. Hopefully they take heed to your advice
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2011, 09:47 AM
i fully support this thread as Fleetleader of the Dutch speaking fleets.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-29-2011, 10:44 AM
I recommend you set up a fleet website with a set of forums. It makes fleet origination a lot easier. Also, defer some of the responsibilities to other officers within the fleet. 12th Fleet is subdivided between 8 divisions to make administration easier. We take care of our own rosters, of no more than 65 members.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-29-2011, 11:36 AM
#9 can be fixed by setting rank restrictions on your bank, since the restrictions are rank specific you can set up a "Probation" rank with no bank privileges, then demote the suspected thief to that rank.

Champ has the right idea here, the best thing to help organize your fleet would be to set up a fleet forum/website. In fact, 9th fleet requires all applicants to post on our forum before they are invited to the fleet in game, and does not allow bank privileges for at least a month to discourage thieves.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Well,

First off I don't want to burden my officers with a task that I enjoy doing, but I would like to see improvements on it. My officers are to busy playing the game and helping members in other ways then to manage their ranks and statuses.

I don't want to burden my members by having them sign up for a forum or website to join the fleet, that only ends up with me having 2000 members on a forum with 50 active posters, and that's a pain in it self... and also totally inefficient for the tasks that I need eased as a person will usually sign up with a different name than their online name, they don't sign up with all their toons, if and when I send out some news about the fleet I will have to go in and manually delete members from the forum also that are no longer in the fleet... etc, etc...

The bank thief problem is also not one that comes up often, I do have restrictions on new members they are not allowed to remove anything that is of value to the higher ranks, but they can take out items that can benefit them if they are just starting out the game.

Again I want to see improvements to the game, not workarounds... therefore I voice my suggestions
Lt. Commander
# 10 Interface Improvements
04-07-2011, 05:53 AM
Great stuff all around. Thanks for letting me know about this thread (I had started one regarding item #3 here).

For #9, I got around this by making our first guild rank Recruit...anyone at this rank can only view/deposit to the bank and can't remove anything. This gave us a rank to bump people to if there were questions about their activity. We also use this rank as a 30-day probationary period for new members. So far we have not had a single case of bank theft....most thieves are not willing to wait around that long for a score. And they don't get promoted above that rank unless we see they have been active players.

For #10, I used named a fleet bank tab and called it "Rewards". Our fleet policy here is that only our fleet officers can make withdrawals from this tab. If a member earns a fleet reward an officer will either give them an item from there, let them pick an item, or offer to craft them any item. We stock this tab with things like: rarest tribbles, the very rare Lirpa (crafting), XP Boosts, Delta Flyer Schematic, etc. You could use the Aegis sets here too but we give a set of that to every fleet character that makes it to admiral. We also hold a fleet contest at least once a month that awards Atari Tokens (although this has a direct cost of course to the fleet or leader).