Lt. Commander
# 11
05-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Man, I thought I was going to have to buy more tokens/points for C-Store items.
Good thing it is Federation only.
Now I don't have to bother...
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-24-2011, 03:50 PM
So..When does the calendar get put in the C-store?
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
at this point, are you really surprised?

i support cryptic fully, and i know they have their reasons for doing this decision (the recent 'divorce' comes to mind)

in fact, i'm more interested in the Horta 'variants' that's also listed on the calender
I donīt think the "divorce" has anything to do with it. The stuff going into the store always caused a lot of controversy.

Maybe they put a Horta into the store that screams "NO Enslave I" when called.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
In fact, i'm more interested in the Horta 'variants' that's also listed on the calender
Indeed, I'm assuming these are improved versions of the basic combat pet version (which I consider to be worthless currently) currently available?
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk_Mike
Indeed, I'm assuming these are improved versions of the basic combat pet version (which I consider to be worthless currently) currently available?
I hope not. First releasing a combat pet with limited use with an incredible cooldown and then putting useful versions into the store ? I reeaaallllyyy hope itīs something else.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Points you to the Calender.

I have some serious questions about the whole Caitain/Aenar Bo thing.

I really think those should be free and not the store. Assuming that is correct it brings up some questions;
- Will the Aenar Bo also unlock it as a playable species for an alt?
- Can we claim multiple Bo's and can we have both male and female?
- What if a player has already bought the Caitain Playable c-store item, having to buy the Bo as well when all the other c-store ones are free (ie ferengi, pakled etc) seems quite harsh. I cant say im over the moon about that if its the case.
- What does this mean for lethean and benzite BO's as those races were free to begin with unlike the caitians?

Would also be interested to know what more horta variants means and how that fits in? Social pets or combat pets or maybe actual bridge officers?

I know there is meant to be some free content due in June but was sad not to see something listed. At least we should see stuff hit tribble in June for season 4.
Ah, it's good they're finally in the game but in the c-store. Meh. Not gonna get them. I'm not surprised they're c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i guess it may be a delta flyer situation.

ie - you can buy it in the store or wait a bit and grind it through the doff system a month later.
I'll keep my fingers crossed on that. I am so sick of the double dipping. It's been beyond ridiculous for way too long, and shows no sign of letting up. Things like this do NOT help STO or Cryptic's reputation whatsover....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
So..When does the calendar get put in the C-store?
Good question. Devs, can we get an ETA on this? :p
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Quote:
at this point, are you really surprised?

i support cryptic fully, and i know they have their reasons for doing this decision (the recent 'divorce' comes to mind)

in fact, i'm more interested in the Horta 'variants' that's also listed on the calender
You're actually supporting Atari technically.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
I'll keep my fingers crossed on that. I am so sick of the double dipping. It's been beyond ridiculous for way too long, and shows no sign of letting up.
And yet the future of the company has never been so tenuous. Funny how that works.

Mark my words, the DOFF system will be fully integrated with the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-24-2011, 04:04 PM
I can understand ships or entire playable races being in the c-store but if this turns out to be true I will have to pay not only for the ability to use a race as a playable captain but I'll also have to pay again to have that race as a glorified pet. Ridiculous. I will not pay for a race I paid for already nor will I submit to a double dip on the same product.