Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum-CIA
If you want give up 3/6 emblems a day...and that does add up.

It's a long time pet peeve of mine...giving PvE rewards for PvP and from what I've read PvPers generally feel the same way about giving PvP rewards for PvE.
Im curious, what are those pvp rewards in STO then ? ... If you dont like PVP thats your thing, noone forces you to pvp. However if you "pvp" just to afk or suicide, you shouldnt get rewards imho.

Thats one of the big flaws of STO pvp reward system, there is no incentive to win. The daily imho, should be for 3 victories only, not 3 afked matches. And the reward should be much sweeter imho, either special marks for pvp gear sets, or like 10 emblems to compensate for the time needed.

Beside,there is plenty of ways to get emblems days.

3 - pvp
3 - fleet action
4 - borg nebula missions
1 - repairing satellites
1 - deuterim fuel protection
5? - those anti-breen missions
X - featured episodes replay

There is plenty of emblems for taking per day. No need to bother you with pvp, and ruin fun for others, with your idling.

Beside, what do you with emblembs anyway ? Ships ? anti-borg Mk X gear ? everything you can get through pve...

But now please tell me...what is the unique reward for pvp ? except to deal with idling imbeciles, leet arrogant pvpers, imbalances, spam and other **** ?
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-24-2011, 11:02 PM
Quote:
I see the

"LOL PvE requires no skillzzzz"

and

"PvE is easy you don't need endgame gear"

crowd has arrived....give you a hint....your attitudes are another reason I stay away from PvP as much as possible.
It's a simple and objective statement. Not an attitude.

PvE IS easy. If you want I can list all the reasons why.

I'm not a "IMMA L33T, YALL L2P N00BS" guy. Never have been, not interested in becoming one.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-24-2011, 11:03 PM
Quote:
I see the

and

crowd has arrived....give you a hint....your attitudes are another reason I stay away from PvP as much as possible.
how bout you stay away from the PVP forums also, seeing as you obviously don't play PVP.

i'm thinking of two words.
The first word starts with F
and the second word starts with O
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Quote:
I see the

and

The ONLY PVE that might require even the smallest amount of skill is ground STFs.. That's really it. And it's because they are built that way. They are ment to have puzzles that you have to solve a specific way.

Other wise the only true challange in STO is the PVP. And it doesn't matter if your goal is to do the most damage in a single match, or be the best tank you can be, nothing tests that like PVP. And you will always run into some one better then you.

Where as PVE you only have the game's AI to challange you. And unless it's a Glitched enemy that is perhaps introduced being too powerful, it won't give you the same thing that PVP gives you. A true challange.

So please, before you insult players with statements when you asked a question, try to remember where you posted your statement.

Moving on..:

Do I "endure" PVP just to get my emblems? Only when it's Capture and Hold. And only because I dislike that map structure. Not PVP in it's self. And this of course relates to Space PVP.

I dislike Ground PVP right now because it never feels very fluid. Not to mention it can sometimes take way to long to do. And then there's how boring that the current ground combat system is in the game. And yes, I am aware, the new system is coming. And until I get a chance to play that new system, I'll continue to dislike ground PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Quote:
I'm one of those who hates PvP with a flaming passion, but do it just to get my emblems.
PLEASE Don't bother.
If you don't like doing it DON'T

The Emblem rewards for PvP are there for guys like me that HATE with a PASSION PvE content. I don't go and get my daily PvE Emblems.... Know why? Right cause I HATE it with a flaming passion.

Don't be the Greedy Fat kit man. If you don't like don't do. You do not have to come and collect the emblems from PvP... you really don't.

Should I decide that I really need to have X piece of gear a day early and I go and run a few PvE missions... I HAVE ZERO right to go to the PvE Forum and QQ about how much I hate PvE and I wish cryptic would remove the practice of rewarding it so I wouldn't have to do it anymore. LOL Do you have any idea how asinine that sounds.

Anyway PvP if you enjoy it... run a few and see if you like it. However if you decide you don't care for PvP please stick to the PvE pool. You are rewarded well... heck you can even run the PvE OVER AND OVER AND OVER for rewards.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-24-2011, 11:41 PM
Quote:
I see the

and

You have to understand this: One of the reasons many people play PvP is because they exactly made this experience. Maybe it is different for you or some other players, but it's not for most PvP fans.

There is no real point to min/maxing your character and getting the best gear for PvE. You beat the PvE enemies at any difficulty with a lot less than that.

Or it almost doesn't matter what you do, because Dual Bolt Sprays by NPCs are OP and you're best chance to beat them is to spread out your away-team and respawn or resourrect as necessary.

Of course it is also incredibly and annoyingly condenscending when the PvP members tell this. But if it helps - at least I don't think it is wrong to like easy gameplay, or to find that gameplay hard.
I remember my first character - I had no clue what I was doing and the game was not exactly self-explaining. I only slowly learned what I had to do to beat those NPCs. But the real jump in understanding came when I started PvPing and optimizing my builds and tactics for that.
And I still like easy PvE occassionally, because for the Featured Episodes, all I want is their story, usually.

For the original topic: I think there should be more Emblem rewards (or maybe Mark of Honor rewards if we get some green or blue Mark XI stuff in there) for PvP, and they all need to be based on active participation, primarily probably winning matches, ground, space, FvK, KvK, FvF, to provide incentives to do it all and to really work on your PvP.

I can now even live with the idea that you must win to earn Emblems in PvP at all. Then those AFKs either turn active, or they leave. If that cripples the PvP Queue - pah, it's not like it affects anyone but our neglected PvP minority. Then let it be private challenges forever more.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Am I the only one who is tired of devs forcing PvP upon us? Yes, I know technically it's not forced, but it's 3/6 emblems a day I give up if I don't do it. Why is it they give a reward for PvP that's useful to PvE?
You can get 3 emblems a day (well, per 20 hours I think) for PVP. And 18 emblems (+5 marks) from PvE without repeating explorations or doing STFs. 3 emblems in addition to your 18 PvE ones is "forcing you to do pvp"?

Is there any way to make you happy without removing rewards from PVP or creating yet another different currency? (And remember: this new pvp currency would force you to pvp, because you cannot get it via pve.)

Quote:
I see the

I'll tell you a secret: You don't need top gear in this game. Not in PVE and not in PVP. You can easily win PVP matches with almost all white Mk X gear; the only exception is shields, and some of the set items are really helpful, e.g. Borg console, deflector, engine. But it doesn't really matter what colour your beam arrays and consoles are and whether they are Mk X or Mk XI/XII.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-25-2011, 01:53 AM
You don't NEED top end gear to PvP....why don't you all just keep your starting Miranda with n00b guns?

(See how silly that sounds?)

The "you don't need top end gear to PvE is just as silly.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-25-2011, 02:00 AM
Quote:
You don't NEED top end gear to PvP....why don't you all just keep your starting Miranda with n00b guns?

(See how silly that sounds?)

The "you don't need top end gear to PvE is just as silly.
gear and ship isn't the same thing, but still, no you dont need top end gear to pvp, and defiantly not in pve. In pve you can bring whatever setup and still win...

Its boring and way too easy.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-25-2011, 02:16 AM
maybe cryptic really should remove rewards for pvp (this is more likely than actually doing something good for pvp). then i don't have to read such posts and have to live with the afkers. i can **** on 3 emblems once a while (since i only play arena).
Closed Thread