Lt. Commander
# 1 Bake sale for Romulans
05-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Lets hold a bake sale to hire some devs to build out the Romulan faction, seriously.

There are numerous Star Trek recipe websites and books out there, we can do this people!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-24-2011, 05:12 PM
They simply arent going to work on another faction until the KDF is more fleshed out. The longer that takes, the longer it will be before you see Romulans. So the best thing you can do if you want to see Romulans is support continued KDF development.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
They simply arent going to work on another faction until the KDF is more fleshed out. The longer that takes, the longer it will be before you see Romulans. So the best thing you can do if you want to see Romulans is support continued KDF development.
^QFT^

The Devs say we won't get the RSE (Romulan Star Empire) until the KDF is a more complete Faction.

They also say that their corporate masters have tied development for the KDF to KDF population numbers.

If you want the RSE, roll, level, and play, a KDF Alt.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
^QFT^

The Devs say we won't get the RSE (Romulan Star Empire) until the KDF is a more complete Faction.

They also say that their corporate masters have tied development for the KDF to KDF population numbers.

If you want the RSE, roll, level, and play, a KDF Alt.
Yep your going to have to Klink up to get a Rom someday. There are several good fleets and many of those have sister fed fleets too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-24-2011, 08:15 PM
All they really have to do to fix the KDF is fix PvP. Create some open PvP instances and allow people to avoid the cues.

The idea of having a PvP faction, then having to wait half an hour or more to do PvP is ridiculous.

I think I heard somewhere Cryptic is up for sale, maybe us Romulans should have a bake sale and put up a bid.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpVis View Post
All they really have to do to fix the KDF is fix PvP(if PvP is all that you care about).
Fixed for you. The majority of players mainly PvE, so fixing PvP isnt going to do anything for most people.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-25-2011, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Fixed for you. The majority of players mainly PvE, so fixing PvP isnt going to do anything for most people.
Actually I do not do much PvP, but I can recognize that STO PvP is hopelessly broken. What is worse is the Klingons were intended to be a PvP faction, which could have worked except for the obvious defective PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpVis View Post
Actually I do not do much PvP, but I can recognize that STO PvP is hopelessly broken. What is worse is the Klingons were intended to be a PvP faction, which could have worked except for the obvious defective PvP.
No they werent. Cryptic originally stated they would be a full PvE faction, then when the launch date got close and they realized they wouldnt have time to finish they announced Klingons would launch(key word) PvP focused. However, even before launch they said they would continue to add PvE content. So no, they were never intended to be or remain PvP only.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Minor correction Nagus, Crpytic said Klingons would launch as PVP centric and if there was enough demand for PVE then they would look into creating something for the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-25-2011, 09:17 AM
The point I am making is that they didn't, they couldn't even work as PvP centric because PvP is so messed up.