Lt. Commander
So I am wondering if the devs/gms have the ability to remove Foundry reviews that are inappropriate. Here's my problem. I worked 3 weeks on my latest mission. Critical reviews I can handle but some one actually used profanity in the review. Now of course the language filters turned it into all those lovely symbols but it is there. It's not hard to figure out what the world should have been. My question is can and should that review be removed?

Never once have I ever read a reveiw, no matter how harsh, that resorted to using profanity. I think that is an insult to the author and an insult to anyone reading the reviews. So what do you all think?

I feel better I just had to get that off my chest it was rather insulting to me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-20-2011, 07:56 AM
Just report it. That's your best option.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-20-2011, 11:59 AM
I am in the exact same situation with my mission. Some guy who I won't name called me some rather mean things because I didn't end the mission the way HE wanted to and he couldn't find the last NPC contact. I tried reporting him, but because the Foundry is still in beta I guess Cryptic has a filter which gives a generic auto-reply to any tickets mentioning it..

Tried making a new ticket where I didn't use the word "Foundry", but it's been 2 weeks and there has been no reply and the profanity and insults are still in the review.

I don't care about the rating at all, but for me profanity and insults is not a proper way to express an opinion, and I'm frankly a bit hurt for being called an idiot for making a small rookie mistake.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-20-2011, 12:13 PM
yep report them.

people will give you bad scores, sometimes so bad they defy logic but if the mission is good enough, and you're getting good reviews people will ignore them.

People insulting you though is crossing the line, swearing is also not acceptable. report them. if they cant play nice they will lose their right to play it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faryon View Post
I am in the exact same situation with my mission. Some guy who I won't name called me some rather mean things because I didn't end the mission the way HE wanted to and he couldn't find the last NPC contact. I tried reporting him, but because the Foundry is still in beta I guess Cryptic has a filter which gives a generic auto-reply to any tickets mentioning it..

Tried making a new ticket where I didn't use the word "Foundry", but it's been 2 weeks and there has been no reply and the profanity and insults are still in the review.

I don't care about the rating at all, but for me profanity and insults is not a proper way to express an opinion, and I'm frankly a bit hurt for being called an idiot for making a small rookie mistake.
Sorry to hear that. it's frustrating. When I get home from work tomorrow I will give your mission a go. Kill the bad review with a good one. Feel free to try mine.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-20-2011, 01:39 PM
I hate to hear things like this. It doesn't matter if it was a rookie mistake or if the mission was complete junk(which I'm sure it was not). Nobody deserves to be treated that way. It's so easy for people to have this kind of attitude in an environment of anonymity. I always check to see if the reviewer has any missions published and find that he/she does not.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-26-2011, 05:31 PM
I whole heartedly agree.. There is no place for that kind of response in the Foundry. Report em!!! Not to get off topic, but...Personally, I think it would've been better for Cryptic to allow reviewers the rating system (1-5 stars) only, without the review portion..If people could or would critique your work in an "adult" manner, so be it...but it is what it is....
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-26-2011, 06:14 PM
You can report profanity on reviews. So far it never helped me. I tried twice. Then I chose to ignore them instead.

Look at it like this:

While people post their reviews, they review your mission. At the same time, though, you and everyone else reviews them and the general STO audience. It is a two-way experiment in a way... Are there more trolls or are there more humans out there?

There are a few people whose names re-surface again and again with certain... unfavorable reviews.

By now they are below microbes on my personal scale of intelligent beings.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-26-2011, 08:07 PM
The thing about reviews is that they are completely transparent. If someone is an anti-social jerk and rates low and leaves a nonsensical review, everyone can see it, and quickly disregard it!

There are a lot more people out there who are reasonable and not jerks than the anti-social types who just want to bring people down. The mission will eventually get the rating it deserves.