Lt. Commander
# 21
05-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiskota
Title says it all. I just got an 14 inch high res Alienware laptop, and have been playing a lot lately, problem is I loose track of the cursor all the time. I know surely some of you play on the popular M11x, on which the cursor will be close to invisible, but it's really not the size of the screen as I had the same problems on my workstation with an 22 inch monitor.

Cryptic could you consider making this change or make it an option to customize the cursor to your own liking? Or do I really need a pair of glasses?
I stabbed my cursor with a toothpick and taped a yellow flag on it. It solved the problem for me. I thought I was the only one with this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks for all your replies people. Glad I'm not alone in this. @ Wishstone and Commadore Bob, I've changed petition to request in the title of my OP, but not sure how to change the title of the thread itself.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-25-2011, 12:11 PM
I agree the cursor could be easier to see.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-25-2011, 12:47 PM
yes! the current cursor is not only small and hard to see, but I also suspect it turns completely invisible from time to time. A better cursor could improve gameplay greatly!
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Having a customizable cursor would be awesome. I wish it was quite customizeable including size and color adjustments, but also the ability to select from at least a handful of different pointer shapes.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Ya the cursor drives me nuts, though I found a work around that screws my graphics over, dropping the resolution to minimum increases its size 50 %. I still lose track of it, honestly I think the game loses track of it and disconnects my mouse. (I get a hardware disconnect blip when it happens and it only happens with this game). That problem may be solved by running it as a software cursor or hardware(whichever isn't the standard).

Just kinda weird, it's the only thing that ****es me off more than, this game not having group activities until your in borg land, there is literally no reason to do anything but solo in this game, except in 4 whole missions.

Thought this was a MMO, not a rpg with online chat, atleast infected, terradome, the cure, and whatever other one is
, Require teamwork and can't be solo'd.

The cursor ****es me offf more than all that!! Hell I shrunk my screen to make the cursor as big as posssible... Then 1 click resized the entire hud to fit it.. I changed the size of everything... To make the unchangable cursor bigger... Cmon guys I know you can fix it.

And I greatly appreciate seeing wish post on here, shows you are paying attention, and I greatly appreciate that and applaud you for it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxac3 View Post
Even a "pulse effect" or some sort of finding feature would be OK too. It's rare when I lose the cursor but when I do it's usually really bad for my ship or crew.
Or just have it honor the Windows cursor find cues (if you turn it on, left cntrl key causes it to pulse).
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-26-2011, 01:36 AM
new C-Store item: Mouse Pointer twice the size for blind people,
with a six-pack of diffrent color options = 1500 Atari Tokens

hell ...i would buy that!

it's been over a YEAR now, it's time for a Dev to take the 5 minutes and replace the Cursor_Default.wtex with something visible!

(and seriously, "Petition" is just a word, people use words to communicate, stop freaking out about language!
@Wishstone: allow us Polls on the Forum and we do not need /signed posts anymore, how about that?)
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-26-2011, 03:18 AM
All I know is for us old folks ( Over 50) We could use a pointer that is alittle laarger aka more visible so we could seeit with or with out glasses. LIke James T. I'm allergic to Retinox 5. lol
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-26-2011, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
@Wishstone: allow us Polls on the Forum and we do not need /signed posts anymore, how about that?)
Signed, lol.....
Closed Thread