Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post

Edit.

Spend your lower level marks you earn and merch the items for cash, much better than just sitting there....

Lower Level Marks? What are those?
Lt. Commander
# 12 Farming and Science
05-25-2011, 10:04 PM
First Farm some data
Then put some stuff together like Very Rear Stuff
Sell this for a good price on exchange .

DO NOT BE tempted by prices for 1 mil or more !!!
Not if you want to make a quick buck .
First off all it will not sell second think about it would you buy an very rare torpedo for 1.000.000 CE ??
Don't forget others can make it to with data they collected they only come to exchange because they are too lazy or just need it quick .

With that said and keeping this in mind you are ready to become a STO Miljonair

Greets
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-26-2011, 07:28 AM
PvP is one of the fastest ways at endgame. You usually get ~14k credits per match.

Also, farming Space Warzones or trading in Purple/Green Exploration Shields/Deflectors/Engines is also worth it.

Farming any mission with an Impulse Engine would also be a money maker.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-26-2011, 07:57 AM
Sell your Services as Boff Skill Trainer. Did that once. Got me 250k in like 5 minutes. Not something I recommend as a regular income, though, as you might end up being a chat spammer.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Scan everything, research what rare traces are selling for, undercut by a slim margin, ???, profit.
^^ This
Only thing you will ever need to do to make quick cash.
I started doing this a few months ago, and after a few weeks I had accumulated over 2 million.
It might take a little while if you are at a lower level, since the missions at your level have lower tier anomalies.
Probably not too much though, especially if you get more than 45 minutes online per day only on weekends
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
Lower Level Marks? What are those?
Sorry, badges, marks, whatever. The things you earn for exploring areas 3 times. For example, doing Delta Velonis nets you rank one, worthless after starting levels. Trade them in and then just merch for cash. (If you are wondering why someone would still be earning these, see below, plus accolade titles and the simple fact that if you change to a shuttle/fighter at ESD, it's the closest for the craft daily mission.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redscarr3 View Post
^^ This
Only thing you will ever need to do to make quick cash.
I started doing this a few months ago, and after a few weeks I had accumulated over 2 million.
It might take a little while if you are at a lower level, since the missions at your level have lower tier anomalies.
Probably not too much though, especially if you get more than 45 minutes online per day only on weekends
No, lower level is where the cash is. You should only farm Delta. It drops several low types, one being Mineral. If you watch the exchange mineral samples are the best priced of normal mats. Also like above, if you combine it with the delta dailies (Shuttle schematics still get a good price), it is the closest to ESD where you can change ships.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-26-2011, 10:08 PM
breed tribbles!

seriously, all you need to breed rare tribbles, is the right tribble and the right food item, there's a couple flow charts floating around this board that tell you what you need. Some of the more in demand ones will sell very quick on the exchange, and make thousands of ECs, for only a minimum investment, starter Tribbles are a common drop item, and you can breed some pretty rare tribbles with just the food you can pick up at any bar in the game, such as Saurian Brandy, which is only 20 ECs. I use this technique and I'll make 1,200 EC a piece selling Mattson tribbles on the exhange, sometimes I'll sell my entire stock within minutes of putting it up on the exchange, that's 23,600 EC in my captain's pocket. and Tribbles keep breeding, every hour of play, as long as they have access to food.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-26-2011, 11:24 PM
With the crazy priceing ranges on the Exchange it's easy to get some gear and just undersell others and still make a good profit.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-27-2011, 01:02 AM
Heres my recepie for earning 3-digit millions in STO:

1: Collect a full bank of samples
2: Fully equip your ships with Uncommons, Rares and Very rares by the use of Badges, emblems and samples.
3: Avoid buying stuff from the exchange.
4: Use only Common gear untill you Hit Vice Admiral.

Now... this was really just step one. The reason for following theese will come later in the recepie.

Now that you're set up, you want to focus on the "Making EC"-part.

1: Crank up difficulty to elite.
2: Collect any Loot you find, and scan all samples.
3: Every now and then, Visit Deferi outpost 3, and sell your common loot here (including batteries). The reason is that this spot gives back a little more than the average vendor.
4: Any Uncommon, rare and Very rare item you pick up, you sell at the exchange, mission reward or not. If it ain't bound, sell it.
5: Any samples you find, you want to check with the exchange too. If your bank is filled with say... 500 of each sample, there isn't a reason to keep them at the moment, and if theres one thing that sells on the exchange.. it is samples.

So why? Well... At Elite you get significantly more uncommon drops, and slightly more rare/very rare drops. You MAY want to be careful with ground though. Advanced or normal will of cause do too, it will just take longer.

Any and all loot that drops is worth EC, and so is samples... Dont pass them... they're money.

The deferi outpost, unlike most vendors seems to pay back about 60% of the listed value, rather than the regular 50%. Note however that samples pay back 0 EC, so dont sell them here.

Selling stuff at the exchange is a little more tricky. You need to keep constantly up to date on the current prices, as they thend to jump fairly quick, so come back often, and re-check the prices on your item... If the total value of it, drops below the price you would have gotten at Outpost 3, you dont sell it on the exchange of cause, you take it there instead.

5: Samples are probably the best source of income at the moment.
- They are an unlimited resource.
- They are highly valued by thoose who won't bother collecting them themselves.
- They are needed for the Aegis set.
Be sure to always outmatch the price of others... even if its by 10EC it's still worth lowering your price a little. And do yourself a favor... Look over the RnD tab, and see what aegis set and other "nice to have" items require to be reshearched, so you can sell them in stacks that fit peoples needs.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-27-2011, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
3: Every now and then, Visit Deferi outpost 3, and sell your common loot here (including batteries). The reason is that this spot gives back a little more than the average vendor.
They changed this a while back, so that outpost 3 only offers 50% of face value, same as normal vendors. Then again, I've not checked recently, so they may have changed it back with the replays.