Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Heh, so Chuck Norris just touched down in North Minneapolis the other day. Of course my Walmart didn't even consider shutting down :p In fact, the stupid storm only fringed us, so I didn't even get to stay inside very long.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-25-2011, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Nah, I prefer where I live. No earthquake, hurricanes, or forest fires. So we get a tornado outbreak from time to time. At worst they are a mile wide as opposed to the 300 mile wide hurricanes and the regional effect of earthquakes. Last month's tornado outbreak was a once in a lifetime event. What we are scheduled for tonight we call Spring.
Thats nice, i live in a place where inclement weather does not kill you and the earth is geologically sound. Squiggly ftw!

Edit: we also ave 360 degrees of beach!
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Well, the total number of active tornado warnings along the front has diminished greatly. While the threat is still there, it would appear the front has run into slightly more stable air. We'll see if we can get through the night without incident.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Well, the total number of active tornado warnings along the front has diminished greatly. While the threat is still there, it would appear the front has run into slightly more stable air. We'll see if we can get through the night without incident.
Well this is good news. It would suck if you went and died just as I was getting back in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintar07 View Post
Well this is good news. It would suck if you went and died just as I was getting back in the game.
LOL. The red blob on the radar is over us as I type. The wind outside is going pretty good. I now admit it sounds impressive.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Just cancelled a tornado warning that was pointing right at us. Gust front went out ahead of the storm and supercell fell apart. I'll be glad once the front starts moving through. I can handle the storms behind the storm front.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-26-2011, 04:54 AM
good luck bob i pray for you and your family's safetry.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-26-2011, 05:21 AM
Yeah, the weather radio went off and so I went into the living room to bring up one of the local TV's streaming coverage. The very middle of the warning box was over where I lived. But then all of the sudden the storm collapsed in on itself sending a gust front out as it fell apart. It was an otherwise uneventful night.