Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-29-2011, 10:28 AM
The Op's prices are more what i would like to see, but then again no one is going to say no to cheaper stuff.

i do think that they would be better suited to having the stuff cheaper and attracting more buyers to the store with reasonable priced items, but i guess they have a lot of experience with prices and know what sells and what does not.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
GOOD STUFF
Just so you know, the OP doesn't care about facts or figures or the real world. They have a similar post about changing it so that PCs aren't captains and has ignored multiple thorough, well reasoned responses as to why it's a major, game altering change that would required a complete rebuild of the game from the ground up. "It's just an easy, quick change." Basically, abandon all hope, ye who replies with logic and facts.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-29-2011, 04:13 PM
That's some really extensive work. However, I think you went in the wrong direction. With Cryptic being cast off from Atari, I think they're far more likely to raise prices in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Ya I do hope some of it changes, I like the cstore, and the frills they toss out. I guess I'm too used to playing world of warcrack, you know where you can make only 8 characters per server, and do it on all 1000 server worlds free of charge. That one charge on cstore annoys me to death. Like it costs them anything more for me to have more characters to play around with to... I dunno keep me interested in continuing to play?

Don't get me wrong.. I've bought the Dreadnought, the defiant refit, open uniforms, mirror uniform, 7 of 9 outfit, a few other things. I'm a 20+ year trekkie nerd like a lot of yall, but 750 credits for more characters? And 400 for 2 extra officer spots one ONE CHARACTER? (If it was account wide I'd have bought it).

I don't mind being charged if the content is worth it, but some things go just a bit far.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer42 View Post
Just so you know, the OP doesn't care about facts or figures or the real world. They have a similar post about changing it so that PCs aren't captains and has ignored multiple thorough, well reasoned responses as to why it's a major, game altering change that would required a complete rebuild of the game from the ground up. "It's just an easy, quick change." Basically, abandon all hope, ye who replies with logic and facts.
Considering how this, again like the post you're crying about, is based on personal opinions and purposed to gather the opinions of others on the idea it's self. NOT how possible it is to change. Plus Argueing the same 2 points of it's too sweeping and game changing over and over is hardly using logic and Fact. especially when i give examples of how the ideas are already in game.

If you want to go on about Facts or figures or the real world, then maybe you shouldn't be playing star trek. And if you insist on complaining about a forum post do it under that forum post, don't go around to other posts by a person and whine there.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady2Die View Post
Ya I do hope some of it changes, I like the cstore, and the frills they toss out. I guess I'm too used to playing world of warcrack, you know where you can make only 8 characters per server, and do it on all 1000 server worlds free of charge. That one charge on cstore annoys me to death. Like it costs them anything more for me to have more characters to play around with to... I dunno keep me interested in continuing to play?

Don't get me wrong.. I've bought the Dreadnought, the defiant refit, open uniforms, mirror uniform, 7 of 9 outfit, a few other things. I'm a 20+ year trekkie nerd like a lot of yall, but 750 credits for more characters? And 400 for 2 extra officer spots one ONE CHARACTER? (If it was account wide I'd have bought it).

I don't mind being charged if the content is worth it, but some things go just a bit far.
I honestly don't mind the price of the C-store points. Honestly that's a decent price IMH for them, i just wish that they would start making the C-store purchases a little more worth what they charge. Why are some single costumes like Troi or Seven the same price as costume with more options? I can understand Some costumes are cooler then others so there would be more of a demand for them, but shouldn't that only effect price when there is a limited supply? Or once they nerf a ship or come out with a better one couldn't they lower the price?
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Wanna know why? Cause its 7 of 9 skin tight suit!? And god who could forget t'pol, after that episode where they were quarantened in the heated cleaning room? Of course they are gonna charge more, so all the guys can have their fantasy chick of the series on his crew!

And like I said, its not the price of things, its the stupid things they charge for, 3 character limit with purchase more slots... Maybe if the game was free to play, but it isn't..
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-29-2011, 11:56 PM
Obviously, you don't have a snowball's chance in hell to change their pricing.
But
1) Your humorous item descriptions must make it in!
2) All playable tier 5 ships should cost the same. All costumes should cost the same.

More interesting to me would be a straight Atari Token 2 Emblem conversion that applies to all items in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-30-2011, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
That's some really extensive work. However, I think you went in the wrong direction. With Cryptic being cast off from Atari, I think they're far more likely to raise prices in the C-Store.
If anything I think if that were the case it would make more sense to lower c-store prices considerably BUT raise the price of buying the actual points them selves. Once people have bought the points cryptic has the money, how they spend them afterwards is up to us.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-30-2011, 09:37 AM
Federation Dreadnought Cruiser
(1000 Atari Tokens)
They nerfed everything but the Price

Dis is not true... my dreadnought cruiser will pwn you. Ya gotta know how to use it!