Lt. Commander
# 1 Crashing when previewing maps
05-24-2011, 05:56 PM
It seems that I have a lot of problems crashing when I go to preview my maps. I'd say it happens a good 1/4 or 1/3 of the time, forcing me to restart the entire game after each one. This has ended up wasting a lot of my time.

In addition, the game sometimes crashes when RETURNING to the Foundry after previewing the map. This doesn't happen as much as when attempting to preview, but it's no less irritating when it happens.

Is anyone else having these problems or is it just me?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-25-2011, 02:59 AM
all. the. time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-25-2011, 03:06 AM
i have notice it only tends to be ground maps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Yeah, it seems to happen mostly on ground maps. Unfortunately, ground maps are also the ones where we have to preview more often in order to make sure that all of the consoles etc are set properly.

I usually get some sort of D3D error stating that a texture could not be created.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-26-2011, 06:04 AM
To anyone else who is having this problem, I managed to fix it for myself by reducing my graphical settings to low. I guess the Foundry must be causing some additional graphics overhead or something because I never have problems in the normal game. In any case, this has solved this problem for me, with the slight downside of having crappier graphics in preview mode. It's still better than having to go back into the game a dozen times during a map editing session.

I still did get one crash returning from the Foundry, but those are rare enough I can live with them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-28-2011, 05:13 AM
It's all about the auto save process between the editor and the preview mode. It interupts you Dos and Graphics driver communications. Suggest you eithur reinstall you Graphics drivers or make more room for memory and band width while in foundry. Recent patches have helped. I don't get crashes at all now. But I know the feeling. And if that don't work reinstall the game.