Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I would like to see a separation of professional PVP from Casual players. I am a mostly a PVE and STF player; I don't like playing PVP because there are hard core PVP players who make their ships super strong. I would like to see two different PVP lobbies, one for those who want hard core PVP and want these souped up PVP ships and another lobby for players who just want to play casual PVP. I could soup up my ship to fight hard core PVP, but I feel like my ship is not a Star Trek ship anymore. For example most PVP'ers in cruisers are all Beam Banks, not having torpedoes makes it feel like less of a Star Trek ship.

Please consider having a PVP area where the hard core can compete and another area for those of us who would like to casually play PVP. One way this could be done is by rating the PVP players for wins and kills and separate players according to their scores, so PVP players can be matched with players who are more on their level.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-24-2011, 10:40 AM
i'm only a causal player :/
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-24-2011, 10:43 AM
There isn't much hardcore pvp'ers left. How about if they make it so that you get emblems for free?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Lets keep contributing ideas, PVP does need a major overhaul.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-24-2011, 11:15 AM
I really think that they just need to fix the broken mechanics bugs/exploits. Doing that in itself would make it go a long way in making PvP seem "fair". I do not like losing but with many of the issues in game it is hard to feel i was beat fair and square, look at the voldermort exploit, the current double tap bug (which is hard not to do because of UI lag), and the commander boff bug/exploit and I am sure there are others but these I have seen first hand or there has been corroboration. Fixing these would make the game more balanced.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-24-2011, 11:36 AM
One thing its truth tho...most "pvp ships" are very unstartrekish. Long live torpedoes !
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-24-2011, 11:41 AM
The PVP system can use some improvement. I think separating them can be good or bad too just like people asking for queues for premades and pugs. You can't make everyone happy.

I do think though that the biggest problem with PVP right now is how people are skilled.

In order to really be effective you have to be skilled more for ground or space. Its very hard to be skilled for both, but can be done. Until they fix that, there will always be an imbalance.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
One thing its truth tho...most "pvp ships" are very unstartrekish. Long live torpedoes !
But this entire game is "untrek like".
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMyth7 View Post
I would like to see a separation of professional PVP from Casual players. I am a mostly a PVE and STF player; I don't like playing PVP because there are hard core PVP players who make their ships super strong. I would like to see two different PVP lobbies, one for those who want hard core PVP and want these souped up PVP ships and another lobby for players who just want to play casual PVP. I could soup up my ship to fight hard core PVP, but I feel like my ship is not a Star Trek ship anymore. For example most PVP'ers in cruisers are all Beam Banks, not having torpedoes makes it feel like less of a Star Trek ship.

Please consider having a PVP area where the hard core can compete and another area for those of us who would like to casually play PVP. One way this could be done is by rating the PVP players for wins and kills and separate players according to their scores, so PVP players can be matched with players who are more on their level.
I'm a casual PvPer. Just 3-4 nights a week if I'm lucky for about an hour and a half. I don't belong to a Fleet but when I log in the only PvE I do is waiting for a que to pop. I have to say that you can get to the point of holding your own if you work at it. There will always be times that other players are going to stomp on me but that is PvP. If you don't fight you don't get better.

That said, your (good) ideas of seperate ques/areas and a leader board have been brought up before. But I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to be implemented soon.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-24-2011, 02:20 PM
What is a "professional" PvPer? How are you going to rank each player?