Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
Thanks Cryptic for once again living up to your reputation. The latest update speaks for itself. I'm not even going to elaborate...
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Thanks Cryptic for once again living up to your reputation. The latest update speaks for itself. I'm not even going to elaborate...
then this thread is useless
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Actually you could at last explain what you mean.
I mean, all right, Klingons get less then Feds.... wich is simply the way its always is in STO, but with a changed "bring down the House" and the new reward we get actually more then I expectet (wich would be nothing at all). So complaining about it was... kind of... not the reaction that came to my mind this time...
Lt. Commander
# 4 If I must spell it out
05-27-2011, 10:33 AM
The Federation players not only get three redone missions ("Stranded in Space", "Doomsday Device", "Diplomatic Orders"), but a special Federation-player reward. Its elitism in any language.

Why were two of the Federation missions completedly overhauled? Could Cryptic not have done one Klingon as well? I guess not.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Klingons also get the Vov’wI Personal Com Code from doing Bringing down the House, which is the same as doing the Azura mission on the Fed side.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-27-2011, 11:26 AM
May be you are right, they COULD have done that. But they didnt and never will give us "equal" content. Just look at the costume option fed/kdf, look at the ship costumisation, the still bugged exploration missions, the number of missions in general... the number of accessable sectors ect ect.

So what do you want to do about it?
Especially THIS is just a small bone for the players to keep them from getting too bored and leaving tzhe game before season 4.
Do you intent to get angry EVERY time this happens? Did you get angry every time that happened yet?
If so, I'd start to worry about your health, to much stress causes heart issues.

Seriously, it would be simply to boring for me to get anrgy every time the fed gets stuff and we dont. I have enough other stuff to worry more about, especially while knowing it will happen again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.................
And keeping getting angry about that just ruins the fun I have with the things I like about the game...
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
May be you are right, they COULD have done that. But they didnt and never will give us "equal" content. Just look at the costume option fed/kdf, look at the ship costumisation, the still bugged exploration missions, the number of missions in general... the number of accessable sectors ect ect.

So what do you want to do about it?
Especially THIS is just a small bone for the players to keep them from getting too bored and leaving tzhe game before season 4.
Do you intent to get angry EVERY time this happens? Did you get angry every time that happened yet?
If so, I'd start to worry about your health, to much stress causes heart issues.

Seriously, it would be simply to boring for me to get anrgy every time the fed gets stuff and we dont. I have enough other stuff to worry more about, especially while knowing it will happen again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.................
And keeping getting angry about that just ruins the fun I have with the things I like about the game...
exactly
the point of a game is to ENJOY it, not look at the downsides or anything negative... it just ruins the fun, for yourself and others
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-27-2011, 11:46 AM
All of our ships can cloak.

We have unique mission the feds will never be able to play (fek'lir?)

Our space is more compact, making travel time and a non issue.

We have unique costume options.

Craft-able Bat'lethes.

Red ship interiors that look wicked.

In regards to the original post, we also get a bank ship every four hours.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo80 View Post
We have unique mission the feds will never be able to play (fek'lir?).
Also, that mission line is awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-27-2011, 11:55 AM
are you surprised? how long have we known these two misison were being reworked? two months or so. this is not news.

feds will always get priority. always.

i know this number is out of date but 12% of people play klingons. even less people play klingons only. maybe only a couple of percent at a guess.

they dont have huge amounts of resources, they dont have a huge team, and atari is looking to sell them. they will go mainly with the faction that the overwhelming majority play to keep sto alive. the people who dont play klingons generally dont care about klingons. they are not looking to play them they just want their fed content. if you want sto to survive then you're going to have to live with mostly fed content, or cross faction content.

their language seems to suggest that even with the improvements the klingons have seen in the last 12 months that people still dont play them and the faction is not growing. if that is true then you are no going to see a shift in policy. maybe when they start adding more weeklies, the qo'nos update and tutorial, and the continuation of the foundry we might if we are lucky see an improvement in klingon player numbers. if that happens then you might see more balance.

its not elitism, its numbers.