Lt. Commander
# 21
05-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
i have heard of a number of complaints about the klink remastered episode specifically about the bat'leth tourney with the swordmaster on the 3rd fight that its apparently almost impossible to complete. the diplomatic orders is nothing special, the doomsday machine is one that has more interest in my opinion.

Edit: That voice over does not suit that vulcan character imo.

i would say that was the best one done in a long while since the devidians.
Yes, without proper physical resistance armor and a really good melee weapon, the third round of the tourney is extremely hard. There is a trick to knock him down and expose him, but continue using expose attacks. It seems instinctive to exploit, but as soon as you do he gets back up and starts swinging. As long as he is exposed, he doesn't fight back.

The best way to do it is to knock the opponent down, and then run around the ring in circles kiting him. You'll fall out of combat and regenerate health, but his health will remain the same and he'll continue to chase you.

Its kind of an exploit, but very necessary to finish the tourney without insane gear. Its too much a matter of luck.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaQ View Post
Played all three missions with my VA. This is really great, great stuff and I am still very excited!

The only things I was missing a little bit in Doomsday Device was a cut scene with the landing BOP AND (I know this is not so easy) if the Klingon song would have been sung and not only subtiteld. That would have been real great (klingon) opera!
The song is sung, double check your audio settings.

Also I enjoyed the remastered missions, look forward to what you guys come up with for future remastered episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-28-2011, 06:24 PM
<Redacted>
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-28-2011, 06:52 PM
I love the episodes. Topnotch jobs!

However, the code thing is virtually useless given its cooldown and mechanics to its cooldowns.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-29-2011, 08:51 AM
Is Cryptic going to look into the Tac Accolade annoyance in Stranded in Space?
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Am I the only one who is a bit put off by the fact that when you're replaying Doomsday as a Fed Klingon, all the dialog is the same. Apparently I'm not Klingon enough to pass as a Klingon, the crew has to be told not to shoot their Klingon captain in Klingon disguise, and your bridge crew can't get used to the fact that you look Klingon. Just seems a bit racist is all.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Great Job. Give us more!
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-30-2011, 10:41 AM
doods...AWESOME job with the remaster!! i had a blast going through them again...if this kinda love is going into all the old episodes, that will be awesome to go through as a new character and experience them again!

great work!!
Lt. Commander
Hi All;

Thanks for remastered missions, I just have a bit of a question. Why in the Federation mission, Diplomatic Orders:Vice Admiral (I believe) are the rewards, Level 1 Shields and 2 new rewards? If the rewards were gone over and new ones added, wouldn't a mission that clearly states on it Vice Admiral have shield rewards that are for Vice Admiral level players? It is just something I don't understand. . .
If the rewards are suppose to be for a beginning player, then why does the mission name also have Vice Admiral on it? At least it does for my Vice Admiral character. It just seemed like someone was in a hurry or something, or it could just be that I am not understanding something. Please set me straight on this if possible.
Thanks again for all your hard work. . .
Tiger
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Hello! When I first started STO I completed the Diplomatic Orders without realizing I was doing a remastered episode(doesnt matter it was excellent!) I thought it was just another mission I needed to do. Now I have Spock providing the narratives in the game, which is just beyond cool to me.

I want to also run the Doomsday Device episode but for the life of me and cant figure out how to get that mission!

Could someone please walk me through how to get that mission. Where to go and who to go see etc. Since im a newbie, I will probably need a little extra guidance on how to get the mission, fyi.

Thanks!