Lt. Commander
# 111
05-30-2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
No, the drones do not explode from the secondary effect. Despite it looking like (and most likely intended) as an AoE, it only damages the source. What happens is the secondary explosion instead of procing on the nearby ships, procs on the source.

So normally, what you would expect is:
1. Ship has final detenation occour
2. Ship recieves x damage from it
3. Nearby ships recieve x damage from it

But what we have is
1. Ship has final detenation occour
2. Ship recives x damage from it
3. Nearby ships are counted and damage applied on source ship instead
Where's the faceplam ASCII macro when I need it?
Lt. Commander
# 112
05-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
The whole if a 5 man team was to use it can be said about every thing no matter how you slice it there will always be exploiters, so the only real way to fix it is give every one a generic ship with all the same weapons and all the same abilities and that is the only way to be balanced. The constant nerf this because a five man team can exploit it is not right.
The borked AoE final detonation triggers multiple times when enough allies are present! It doesn't matter whether the entire team uses the weapon or only a single player!

This weapon has a problem that occurs when it is used in an environment with lots of players flying around. And this being some kind of MMO, multiple players flying around is something I'd consider normal. Obviously this is an opinion that clashes with that of the majority of the game's population, because apparently everything has only to be balanced for single player PvE against 1-3 NPCs with non-existant AI. And "balanced" meaning that it must not be too weak, because there is no "too strong" for player-only abilities in PvE.
Lt. Commander
# 113
05-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmServo
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
So... how many torpedoes are there in the game that you can fire every 3 seconds that have a chance to inflict 35K hull damage against a target with full shields?

Reagrding the level of damage, the tricobalt comes to mind. But that one has a 30s (global) cooldown if I'm not mistaken and it doesn't bypass shields. Or maybe you could count high-yield plasma torpedoes which have a 15s global cooldown because of the necessary HYT and don't bypass shields as well.
Lt. Commander
# 114
05-30-2011, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
The borked AoE final detonation triggers multiple times when enough allies are present! It doesn't matter whether the entire team uses the weapon or only a single player!

This weapon has a problem that occurs when it is used in an environment with lots of players flying around. And this being some kind of MMO, multiple players flying around is something I'd consider normal. Obviously this is an opinion that clashes with that of the majority of the game's population, because apparently everything has only to be balanced for single player PvE against 1-3 NPCs with non-existant AI. And "balanced" meaning that it must not be too weak, because there is no "too strong" for player-only abilities in PvE.
So make it removable with haz emitters, I already said that. the affect only occurs if you are to close, if a team mate is glowing get away from him simple fix. not nerf the dam thing till its unusable or worth getting . Really it has a aoe affect that right there should tell you something.
Lt. Commander
# 115
05-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamupp View Post
AArgh i can't take it anymore. PVE in this is soo easy you dont need anything to beat it. This "fun item" don't make a difference and fixing wont change how it's used in PVE at all.
You're being willfully obtuse.
Lt. Commander
# 116
05-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronScarlet
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Edit ###

If the device gets a larger impact based off of allies, this all makes perfect sense of what happened.

This story proves somthing up, both partys stated what happen, the clues are here, now we know why, and the next step is to fix it.
Even if it is a bug with the torpedoes which I didn't see at the time, you're missing the point here, which is I beat you, and you're crying about it and blaming a game mechanic, which is pretty poor form really, but to be expected I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 117
05-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
I was providing information for those in this thread that didn't know about LoL'Peng cooldowns and mechanics.

Did I inadvertently unveil your ultra-secret weapon layout?
Lt. Commander
# 118
05-30-2011, 08:13 AM
If it is really necessary to keep the AoE to please the PvE crowd that probably wouldn't even have noticed it, then the effect on the other ships should be a "normal torpedo hit", i.e. reduced damage against shielded targets and not the current direct-to-hull damage.
Lt. Commander
# 119
05-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
We need to get to the bottom of this. You are saying that the pengs act like... torpedoes?
Can't tell if you're being ironic or not....

Anyway, YES. LoL'Pengs ARE torpedoes. They also get boosted by Starship Projectile Weapons Training and Starship Torpedo Weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 120
05-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:
You're being willfully obtuse.
Why is that? Are you denying my point?