Lt. Commander
# 141
05-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMJahia
We certainly do not expect players to look for bugs. However, should something slip past QA sending in a Bug Ticket will notify them directly. Dropping a line in the Bug Forums lets the Community know so we can make sure its reported and help collect any more data that might not have been in the Bug Tickets. I'll keep an eye on the thread incase anyone has more information regarding the torpedos

~Jahia
I submitted a ticket when I first discoveed the bug (ID #1,119,025.) with exact details on what appears to be happening. One of our testers also had FRAPS running if that would help.
Lt. Commander
# 142
05-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMJahia
We certainly do not expect players to look for bugs. However, should something slip past QA sending in a Bug Ticket will notify them directly. Dropping a line in the Bug Forums lets the Community know so we can make sure its reported and help collect any more data that might not have been in the Bug Tickets. I'll keep an eye on the thread incase anyone has more information regarding the torpedos

~Jahia
We do not look for bugs, being -39 after a game having skills that do proportionaly too much dmg then anything else (faw), or this isn't something ppl actively look for. It happens when we play the game.
Lt. Commander
# 143
05-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronScarlet
This is bad, I know some stupid pvp fleets going to say " well to show everyone to get it fix, lets do this " which was the excuse for every BFAW team.
What about the other fleets that like things like this? Surely they are worse?
Lt. Commander
# 144
05-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
We do not look for bugs, being -39 after a game having skills that do proportionaly too much dmg then anything else (faw), or this isn't something ppl actively look for. It happens when we play the game.
I think Shakespeare said it best...

"Be not afraid of bugs: Some are born bugs, some achieve bugs, and some have bugs thrust upon 'em!

quite prophetic...
Lt. Commander
# 145
05-30-2011, 05:13 PM
So how long is the countdown for the final detonation?

Because if it is 15 seconds (I think i saw that somewhere), and the torpedo has a 12(?) sec cooldown, and only Hazard emitters can clear it, well even if they fix Hazards clearing it, it's still going to be ridiculously overpowered. HE is on a 45 sec cooldown (30 secs after the power actually ends), and so, HE is never going to be able to keep up with the torpedo procs if an entire team is running Harg'peng torpedoes no matter how many copies of HE they are running.

The torpedo should be on a 45 second cooldown like the breen cluster torpedo
Lt. Commander
# 146
05-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post

Because if it is 15 seconds (I think i saw that somewhere), and the torpedo has a 12(?) sec cooldown, and only Hazard emitters can clear it, well even if they fix Hazards clearing it, it's still going to be ridiculously overpowered. HE is on a 45 sec cooldown (30 secs after the power actually ends), and so, HE is never going to be able to keep up with the torpedo procs if an entire team is running Harg'peng torpedoes no matter how many copies of HE they are running.

I agree.
Lt. Commander
# 147
05-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Would'nt the Borg proc kick in more?
Lt. Commander
# 148
05-30-2011, 07:59 PM
The Borg proc doesn't clear DoTs does it?
Lt. Commander
# 149
05-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Well the fix would be to remove the AoE and being able to clear the explosion. After that the torp will be useless in pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 150
05-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post

IIRC, the proc only has a 30 % chance to occur, so it won't happen that reliably.

It depends on how strong the proc actually is after it's fixed if it still could be an issue or not. I don't think they will extend the cooldown much further, as this would also affect how the mission against the Doomsday device would play.