Lt. Commander
Greetings I just finished my first Foundry episode I worked very hard on it. I have a new found respect for the game developers. I work in the IT Industry as a Exchange Admin and I gotta say doing this episode was time consuming and exhausting. I was attempting to convey the events that took place prior to Mackenzie Calhoun entering starfleet. Largely based on the Captain Table Book and House Of Cards. from New Frontier.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-28-2011, 11:57 PM
Isn't this sort of things off limits as per the EULA given:

"Other Prohibited uses of New Game Materials published using The Foundry:
You may not use New Game Materials to endorse or appose any political party, association (e.g., republican, democrat, candidates, or otherwise) or any side of any issue.
You may not use New Game Materials to depict a likeness of any real person (historical or present day).
You may not use New Game Materials to advertise any businesses, products or services of any party.
You may not publish web URLs in your content.
You may not use New Game Materials to convey any profanity, vulgar, hate language explicit sexual language, derogatory references to race, gender, religion, age, mental or physical impairment, obesity or sexual orientation, or reference any drugs (legal or illicit) or medication.
You many not make use of any copyrighted or trademarked material of third parties, and only may use the Star Trek Properties as explicitly defined in this agreement, without irrevocable licenses granted specifically for that purpose
You may not use New Game Materials to infringe on the rights of privacy and publicity of third parties."

My point being that the Books of Peter David are surely copyrighted, and do not fall under the specified list of:

"New Game Materials you create using the Foundry are subject to the following rules and restrictions:

Star Trek Properties are defined as including
:
Star Trek - The Original Series
Star Trek - The Next Generation
Star Trek - Deep Space Nine
Star Trek - Voyager
Star Trek - Enterprise
Star Trek - The Motion Picture
Star Trek II - The Wrath of Kahn
Star Trek III - The Search for Spock
Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home
Star Trek V - The Final Frontier
Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country
Star Trek - Generations
Star Trek - First Contact
Star Trek - Insurrection
Star Trek - Nemesis"

Foundry EULA
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=209216
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-29-2011, 03:03 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-29-2011, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum-CIA
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
To be fair, it's the only good PVP that's left in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-29-2011, 07:24 AM
Quote:
At least he didn't announce it in a place known to be monitored daily by several devs...
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Well, the OP is using someone else's characters and story as the foundation of his mission without their permission, and he made that public knowledge. Would you rather some GM or mod play his mission then turn him in to the copyright police, a.k.a. the CBS lawyers instead?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
To be fair, it's the only good PVP that's left in the game.
LMAO - that's awesome!

...and often true...

Lt. Commander
# 8
05-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Since Cryptic has previously been sued for allowing people to so something almost exactly like this and is thus quite sensitive to the issue, giving the OP a friendly warning so he has a chance to change his work instead of losing it isn't tattling, it's being a good neighbor.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Here's your fix:

Captain Mabenzie Halcoun and his adventures on the U.S.S. Rexcalibre.

Lawsuit deftly avoided, as players of the Incredible Lulk and Captain Marvelous can tell you over in Champions Online.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Moving to The Foundry threads.
Closed Thread