Lt. Commander
Anyone run a successful melee charater on elite setting? I was wanting to make a melee charater for fun, but so far my experince with melee is it is subpar to range dps. Mainly the exploit damage is quarter to half that of range dps plus having to keep the mobs in melee.

So I was wondering if anyone out there has a successful build. If so what is your Bos, class and tactics?

Thanks for any input.
Lt. Commander
Anyone run a successful melee charater on elite setting? I was wanting to make a melee charater for fun and be able to play on elite setting. From my experience so far melee seems subpar to range dps. Mainly the exploit damage is quater to half thay of range damge and U half to keep the mobs in melee range.

If u run a successful melee charater on elite setting please tell me your class, Bo skills, and tactics u use.

Thanks for any input.

PS please excuse my grammar. English is a second language for me. I posted this in combat section but reposted it here because i thought it was more appropriate here.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert559
Anyone run a successful melee charater on elite setting?
Due to Cryptic's refusal to ever address their bugged NPCs when releasing the difficulty slider, Elite setting is something I never play on.

Someday Cryptic might actually fix a bug or two. Someday.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-29-2011, 01:44 AM
My main is set mostly for melee, and at first he was a beast before the needing had began. Now he's still pretty good melee but the situation never lends its self to melee fighting. For the most part I can take out a Borg Tac before the rest of the group can drop the shields, but any more then 3 on me at once and it's not a long celebration. On normal pve enemies it's quick but not as effective as exploited beams. Pvp is usually a nice surprise when I take out a good chunk of health before the team mates jump in. Sadly though this is normal and advanced because once you hit elite it just hasn't held up as well (it works but takes too long). I'd love to hear from others on this as well, maybe I could even get some tips and hints to improve my "hand to hand" so to speak.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-29-2011, 08:46 AM
I have a tactical Vulcan that I built for melee. And much like your experiences it has only worked on Normal and Advanced. It works though. It's fun. But due to how Cryptic allowed bugged NPCs to stay in the game when they created the difficulty slider, melee on elite just isn't worth the time or effort. For me, any gameplay on elite isn't worth the effort on the ground at all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-29-2011, 09:34 AM
I have a rather successful melee tac, but i have to agree with superchum, elite on ground is just not worth the time, i have done it successfully but it takes forever. Furthermore melee is almost useless in pvp, but i will say lunge is a nice one, i almost don't need a melee weapon to deal excessive melee dmg, i have hit for over 1100 on lunge, no crit. so add in good ranged, if hes still standing just wack him down with lunge! really dont need any other melee.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-30-2011, 04:15 AM
Plus with lunge nothing looks more BADASS then punching out a Borg or undone and watching the drop.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-31-2011, 10:02 AM
The only time I have played on advanced or elite was to get injuries on my captian for the accolade.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-31-2011, 07:26 PM
Yes. Tactical, Operative Kit, Heavy Ground speced. For Elite I use the turret Method. (9 turrets). I favor operative over close combat, for both stealth and higher dps then the old Close Combat kit. I prefer the sword to the other melee weapons, the range closing element is very useful.
My favorite mobs are elite tac Borg. You can make this work, as a medical officer as well. (My alt does). For normal play i use a super expose team, which isn't the helpful for melee, but it does kill faster then anything else.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-01-2011, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin View Post
Yes. Tactical, Operative Kit, Heavy Ground speced. For Elite I use the turret Method. (9 turrets). I favor operative over close combat, for both stealth and higher dps then the old Close Combat kit. I prefer the sword to the other melee weapons, the range closing element is very useful.
My favorite mobs are elite tac Borg. You can make this work, as a medical officer as well. (My alt does). For normal play i use a super expose team, which isn't the helpful for melee, but it does kill faster then anything else.
I dunno, i prefer close Combat personally. Especially against the Borg. The Leg sweep lunge isa good combo and th motion accelerator is nice against their holds.