Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
05-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran_Mak_Morrn View Post
here's a suggestion for the addition of Breens and Remans to the KDF playable species list
Kind of raises the white flag on there ever being a Romulan faction.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
05-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
Kind of raises the white flag on there ever being a Romulan faction.
kinda raises the white flag on cryptic being a AAA or even AA mmo developer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23 Fantastic post...
05-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Fantastic post by Peregrine_Falcon, thank you so much for keeping the facts available - history tends to get re-written a lot these days. Grim reading indeed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
05-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
Kind of raises the white flag on there ever being a Romulan faction.
Not necessarily.

What makes sense to me -based on the numbers-is this for Romulan playable species

Exclusives-Romulan, Hirogen, Tholian,
Shared-Alien, Breen, Reman (Breen and Reman only shared with KDF)

That's 6 right there-only 1 less faction-exclusive species than the KDF, the same number of shared species as each other faction. Seems pretty fair to me. I'm sure someone could think of another species or two, to make it more fair
You could toss in Nausicaans, or Ferengi; even though they're shared species, you'd share their ships too.

But this is a little off-topic. back to the history of the Klingon Epire, not the future of the Romulan Empire.

Imo you could still make a playable KDF Reman or Breen species and not totally stick it to Rommies later.

Would provide more draw for KDF and give Romulan fans a little something while they wait.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
05-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Oh....that summary makes me sad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
05-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran_Mak_Morrn View Post
Not necessarily.

What makes sense to me -based on the numbers-is this for Romulan playable species

Exclusives-Romulan, Hirogen, Tholian,
Shared-Alien, Breen, Reman (Breen and Reman only shared with KDF)

That's 6 right there-only 1 less faction-exclusive species than the KDF, the same number of shared species as each other faction. Seems pretty fair to me. I'm sure someone could think of another species or two, to make it more fair
You could toss in Nausicaans, or Ferengi; even though they're shared species, you'd share their ships too.

But this is a little off-topic. back to the history of the Klingon Epire, not the future of the Romulan Empire.

Imo you could still make a playable KDF Reman or Breen species and not totally stick it to Rommies later.

Would provide more draw for KDF and give Romulan fans a little something while they wait.
I think you completely missed the point, the point was that with this kind of neglect and mismanagement of the KDF (i.e. they still after over a year are barely even half the faction that the FED's are) is there any reason to believe that Cryptic would even be capable of adding yet another faction to this game and as I see it this thread is a solid NO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
05-30-2011, 02:57 PM
I truly admire the effort put forth in compiling all the Data submitted by Peregrine.
I have always wished someone would put together something like this.
Now, if it would only make a difference...
If some of the long ago spoken of things for the Klingon Empire would come to pass.
Maybe more dedicated Klingon Captains would return and Cryptic would say "Why didn't we do this earlier, look how much more money we could be making"...it is a pay to play game, so more players mean more money...bigger bonuses...right?
As one of those that believed what was said long before the game hit the shelves it has been a long painful experiance realizing it was not the game I was hoping for.
I loved the PvP, but there were times when I wanted the much less intense action of PvE. Sadly there was praticlly none. that has improved, but after a dozen repeats, even the best mission get's old.
Indeed, I convinced 40+ members of our SFC:OP Dynaverse fleet to try it at launch, now only the handful that believed enough to buy lifetimes subs at launch remain, the story is the same across the Empire as it whithers on the vine...
Save the Empire...
Build the Empire to at least close to the content of the Federation and we may yet breed more Warriors...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
05-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Don't worry, Klingons don't even have tear ducts. We'll pull through stronger than ever after harsh times.


Bu'ol, Brigadier General, Captain of the I.K.S. D'lovas
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
05-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg1.1.1
I hope a dev reads and responds
That will never happen.

And I don't expect it to. In fact, I'm a little surprised that I'm still here. But that wasn't my purpose in making this thread. No, I put it here as reference material, like a dictionary.

From now on, any time someone starts cranking felgercarb out their mouth a Klingon can simply link them to this thread to show them just how wrongity wrong they are. There's no need to respond to them other than to provide the link and/or a quote of one of these posts.

By providing a link and quote, it not only proves them wrong, it also lessens the chance that anything adverse will happen to your forum experience.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
05-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
That will never happen.

And I don't expect it to. In fact, I'm a little surprised that I'm still here. But that wasn't my purpose in making this thread. No, I put it here as reference material, like a dictionary.

From now on, any time someone starts cranking felgercarb out their mouth a Klingon can simply link them to this thread to show them just how wrongity wrong they are. There's no need to respond to them other than to provide the link and/or a quote of one of these posts.

By providing a link and quote, it not only proves them wrong, it also lessens the chance that anything adverse will happen to your forum experience.
Well, itīs a great post (not great as in hooray of course). I didnīt know all the details before. Now i can tell fact from fiction. Thank you.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:20 AM.