Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 31
05-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
-snip-
Outstanding thread dude, brings back a lot of memories of hope and expectation for this game, all of which fell short. Hell I kept faith in Cryptic and defended them right up until the launch of Season 2, after that I just didn't give a damn anymore; I'm still around because I love Star Trek, but this game is just......ugh I can't even.....
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Magnificent post.

I'm usually a Cryptic apologist, but when you have a thread like that (very well thought out and researched) it's really an opinion-changer.

I understand the logic of paying most attention to where most of the population is, but now we should really consider WHY less people roll Klingons...obviously because at this point they choose to ignore the faction that Cryptic has chosen to ignore.

I understand the best way to quell Federation tears is to give them what they want so they shut-up. This is the path to more money in the short-term.

Why not balance your money-making C-store releases with sporadic KDF content and mutual content until the KDF is caught up from a PVE perspective?

No one really cares if everything is ENTIRELY equal for the moment, just balanced. Yes that is the hard part, I agree.

Again, wonderful well-researched post and I hope it shines the flashlight for the Dev team as well.
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Thank you so much for doing this PF. It gets so tiring to see people saying the KDF was always supposed to be PVP only and other such nonsense. From now I can simply link them to this thread for all the proof they are wrong
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-30-2011, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Thank you so much for doing this PF. It gets so tiring to see people saying the KDF was always supposed to be PVP only and other such nonsense. From now I can simply link them to this thread for all the proof they are wrong
I'm glad to help Grand Nagus. That's exactly the point behind my posting this.

And if you, or anyone, knows of other pertinent information feel free to post it here, I'll add it to the list.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-31-2011, 12:11 AM
A truely epic post Peregrine_Falcon.

I request a sticky. Not in the forums but on the PCs of some Devs out there to remind them what they promised and what was delivered.
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-31-2011, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
That will never happen.

And I don't expect it to. In fact, I'm a little surprised that I'm still here. But that wasn't my purpose in making this thread. No, I put it here as reference material, like a dictionary.

From now on, any time someone starts cranking felgercarb out their mouth a Klingon can simply link them to this thread to show them just how wrongity wrong they are. There's no need to respond to them other than to provide the link and/or a quote of one of these posts.

By providing a link and quote, it not only proves them wrong, it also lessens the chance that anything adverse will happen to your forum experience.
I think you're a little overconcerned about Cryptic's "forum police", Peregrine. But I definitely think that this thread shall be useful and commend you for your efforts to gather all the information.

I think overall, your dstahl quote says it best:
Quote:
"Don't take me at my word - just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that."
I definitely see stuff like the 8 story missions, the Pi Canis missions, Crafting or the faction-agnostic Featured Episodes positive in this light.

But the fact that the new Gorn are still not in, that the new Q'onos or the new Klingon Tutorial still won't make it in at release of season 4 as counterpoints.
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-31-2011, 05:15 AM
But guys, they can't shift focus off the feds! If they don't get another set of pajamas to run around in their ENTERPRYZEs the dev team will be drowned in the flood of fed zealot tears!

Seriously though, I have never played an MMO wear players of one faction were so against the other side getting anything, and the few times we do get something the "OP" screams start and the ol' nerf bat comes out and smacks us in the face. Having two balanced but different factions is always good and will lure in more players overall than this one sided affair we have now.
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-31-2011, 05:25 AM
Thank you PF...

Brings back memories.

Might as well call off the so-called "war" between the Federation and the Empire. Cryptic killed the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-31-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haven View Post
But guys, they can't shift focus off the feds! If they don't get another set of pajamas to run around in their ENTERPRYZEs the dev team will be drowned in the flood of fed zealot tears!

Seriously though, I have never played an MMO wear players of one faction were so against the other side getting anything, and the few times we do get something the "OP" screams start and the ol' nerf bat comes out and smacks us in the face. Having two balanced but different factions is always good and will lure in more players overall than this one sided affair we have now.
Well yeah... with the Federation apparently making up 7/8ths of the player base shifting focus off of them for too long can cause those players to lose interest in the game. To be honest, neither faction really has enough content to sustain a player base without being constantly updated and nobody wins if this game starts losing subscribers.
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-31-2011, 06:13 AM
We knew it was bad. Now you can see jsut how bad.

Thanks for illustrating so elegantly, Peregrine.

STICKY PLEASE!!
Closed Thread