Lt. Commander
# 1 STO annoyances
05-30-2011, 08:09 AM
1) someone turn on the purple xp floaters? i used to hardly ever get them and now i get then most of the time...but not always
2) the little box with the BO dialogs (the newer tiny ones with the BO picture) I would like to see this incorporated in to the chat box or maybe be able to turn it off. There are 2 missions that these can pop up so rapidly that they almost cover the screen top to bottom. One is a daily in Eta Eridani and the other is one of the Reman episodes where you decrypt the message. As it stands, this is a redundant interface item.
3) sound bytes after every dialog button... there was one of the remasters that had like 7 dialog buttons and the same sound clip played after each one. it got annoying after the 3rd time.
4) lack of uniform organization in the tailor and the ability to turn off the ones not purchased, champions online handled this much better
Lt. Commander
# 2 additions
06-02-2011, 04:07 AM
5) Planet pop ups - wish i could keep them minimized all the time
6) since the pause button is almost always visible it should always remain above any other buttons. If you are under red alert or not close enough to a loot drop then a button opens up on the right (default position) above the pause button. If one of the conditions are met then the button dialog returns to the center and you wind up clicking on the pause instead. :/
7) On the escape menu the last button says "Exit" I know it means exit the game but I cant count how many time my brain registers exit = close the pop up box. Maybe change it to "Exit Game" or add another box that says "Cancel"

Copied from Ten Usability Heuristics
Aesthetic and minimalist design -
Dialogues should not contain information which is irrelevant or rarely needed. Every extra unit of information in a dialogue competes with the relevant units of information and diminishes their relative visibility.

Overall, the old interface was much better. (except for the astrometrics, +1 on that one)