Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
06-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
Example Fed get a ton a shuttle 8 , Delta flyer, Shutle F, runabout, vulcan aux craft. Klingons get grand total of 3.
That would technically be the Klingons receiving 3/8ths of the attention. But lets add the Peregrine to the Fed count so Klingons can say they have 3/9ths or 1/3rd of the shuttle options.

Quote:
Example 500 Day vet reward. Federation gets a belt, two jackets. pluse 5 more outfits in c-store. Klingons get cape and fur on there shoulders.
1 Belt
+2 Jackets
3 total reward costumes pieces.

1 Cape
1 Shoulder
2 total reward costume pieces.

Now, I'm not saying there aren't numbers to look at to show the content disparity, there are, but maybe you should try to understand that there are more factors at play than whether the Klingons get to engineer an 'excomp' that effect population size.

But this thread is about whether the benefit in bug correction and balancing we'd see from our 'unique faction abilities' being shared with the Federation would outweigh any actual drawbacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaqua
TL/DR
Thanks for your insight, but if you had read you'd have seen your point was made already by another poster.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Captain Obvious visits these boards quite frequently.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
06-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
That would technically be the Klingons receiving 3/8ths of the attention. But lets add the Peregrine to the Fed count so Klingons can say they have 3/9ths or 1/3rd of the shuttle options.



1 Belt
+2 Jackets
3 total reward costumes pieces.

1 Cape
1 Shoulder
2 total reward costume pieces.

Now, I'm not saying there aren't numbers to look at to show the content disparity, there are, but maybe you should try to understand that there are more factors at play than whether the Klingons get to engineer an 'excomp' that effect population size.

But this thread is about whether the benefit in bug correction and balancing we'd see from our 'unique faction abilities' being shared with the Federation would outweigh any actual drawbacks.



Thanks for your insight, but if you had read you'd have seen your point was made already by another poster.
there a total of 10 aux craft 3/10 belong to Klingons while 7/10 belong to the federation. All but one has been release this year. Way after the horrible short changed Klingon where launched. That means 6 where add to the Klingons 3.

And the shoulder we got was the an vet reward we got earlier. So it was not new. All they did was add some fur to it. I hardly count that as new.

Maybe you should understand the FEDERATION THOSE NOT ANYMORE STUFF. THEY HAVE ENOUGH. IT time the developers but some focus into the Klingons. THEY have pretty much ignore them to date.


The only discussion worth having is. Those it make sense to keep a monster play faction in game that you only get when you make a lt6 character on the only faction in the game.


This has been the case for over 500 days. It simple the federation show get nothing that unique for the klingons till the Klingons a full faction with options in ship, outfit and have enough mission so that you do not have to repeat mission over and over to level.

Then and only then should there be any discussion of federation getting unique Klingon items.

Other wise just shut down the miserableness excuse of faction called Klingons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
06-07-2011, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
there a total of 10 aux craft 3/10 belong to Klingons while 7/10 belong to the federation. All but one has been release this year. Way after the horrible short changed Klingon where launched. That means 6 where add to the Klingons 3.
So, 3/10ths of the effort in regards to Aux-10 craft went into the Klingon Faction, not 1/8th.

Quote:
And the shoulder we got was the an vet reward we got earlier. So it was not new. All they did was add some fur to it. I hardly count that as new.
Okay, so lets remove it from the tally, I believe that means that instead of receiving 2/5ths of the new costume pieces, Klingons received 1/4th. Still a larger fraction than 1/8th.

Quote:
Maybe you should understand the FEDERATION THOSE NOT ANYMORE STUFF. THEY HAVE ENOUGH. IT time the developers but some focus into the Klingons. THEY have pretty much ignore them to date.
I assume you meant that the Federation does not need more stuff, and you're wrong. Even on the Federation side of the game there's just not enough content to keep things fresh and new month after month. I know, I know, there's something like 3 Federation missions for every 1 Klingon mission and each different uniform piece on the Fed side can be used by every Fed character, where as Klingon uniforms are far less homogenized and the bulk of our options are race specific but that doesn't really matter.

Here's the important thing. So long as Cryptic needs to add new content to the Federation side to maintain their player base, and they will need to do that for awhile, you're going to keep seeing the Federation receive between 3/4's and 7/8ths of the Developers attention. Now you can continue to curse the inherent unfairness of being an underserved minority, or you can engage in discussions on how the situation can be rectified within the confines of the problems we already face.

Quote:
The only discussion worth having is. Those it make sense to keep a monster play faction in game that you only get when you make a lt6 character on the only faction in the game.


This has been the case for over 500 days. It simple the federation show get nothing that unique for the klingons till the Klingons a full faction with options in ship, outfit and have enough mission so that you do not have to repeat mission over and over to level.

Then and only then should there be any discussion of federation getting unique Klingon items.

Other wise just shut down the miserableness excuse of faction called Klingons.
Your proposal is unreasonable, wholly unfeasible for the overall health of the MMO and so not likely to be taken seriously for the reasons I have outlined above. I'd like to see our 'miserable excuse for a faction' get better, not disappear entirely.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
06-07-2011, 04:34 AM
I think the word homogenization is being bandied about a bit too much here. I'm not particularly certain why some people feel that the Klingon Carrier should be the only carrier in existence. By the way I love playing the Carrier so much I have a few characters that use them as their primary focus. That being said, I don't think differentiation comes in having some strange unique class of vessel no one else has. For starters, Romulans are going to have Birds of prey... that do the same thing. They're going to have Escorts. They're going to have Cruisers.

Should there be uniquenesses? Sure. However, I don't see why the Federation might not have a vessel with some Carrier-like qualities, and I think the Scorpions fill in that role a slight bit. In the end, The Federation apparently has cloak now, so seeing a few vessels with Cloak on the fed side is not only appropriate but i think the original author of this thread was making the point that those minor couple of ships benefit our klingon experience because it increases their importance on the 'to fix' list.

I'd also like to add that the content being made in the Foundry is pretty cool, some of it. I think if the Devs could actually convert some really cool missions from the Foundry into standard missions that would be an awesome way to crank up the content. Maybe give the creators of those missions a special reward for having created such an excellent mission.

I know what it was like to level a klingon with pvp, and I don't do it any more because frankly its too inefficient. You're better off mixing it up a bit. The notion that any group is better in pvp is also bad for pvp in general. If one group is all that much better, a larger group of players aren't going to want to play. No one wants to be someone's punching dummy, especially if that other player has inferior skills.
My biggest agitation as a Klingon player was when they had Fed vs. Fed and KvK. Not that I dislike either, in fact I like and I'm glad they exist. The problem was, no one wanted to play FvK for a while there because of excessive advantage. So to the notion that one faction is all that much better in pvp, I say: Terrible Idea. It essentially wrecked my gameplay as a Klingon, and I ended up playing my Feds way more at that point for a while. I'm not alone. If you were willing to wait an hour for a queue to go live, good on you, but for me that was the last straw. I'm the kind of player that likes to dive in and start shooting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
06-07-2011, 04:38 AM
Speaking of unique equipment. I really want my Nausicaan Guramba captain to get that Electricity gun that the nausicaan pirates have. That gun is fantastic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
06-07-2011, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
So, 3/10ths of the effort in regards to Aux-10 craft went into the Klingon Faction, not 1/8th.



Okay, so lets remove it from the tally, I believe that means that instead of receiving 2/5ths of the new costume pieces, Klingons received 1/4th. Still a larger fraction than 1/8th.



I assume you meant that the Federation does not need more stuff, and you're wrong. Even on the Federation side of the game there's just not enough content to keep things fresh and new month after month. I know, I know, there's something like 3 Federation missions for every 1 Klingon mission and each different uniform piece on the Fed side can be used by every Fed character, where as Klingon uniforms are far less homogenized and the bulk of our options are race specific but that doesn't really matter.

Here's the important thing. So long as Cryptic needs to add new content to the Federation side to maintain their player base, and they will need to do that for awhile, you're going to keep seeing the Federation receive between 3/4's and 7/8ths of the Developers attention. Now you can continue to curse the inherent unfairness of being an underserved minority, or you can engage in discussions on how the situation can be rectified within the confines of the problems we already face.



Your proposal is unreasonable, wholly unfeasible for the overall health of the MMO and so not likely to be taken seriously for the reasons I have outlined above. I'd like to see our 'miserable excuse for a faction' get better, not disappear entirely.
Sorry but federation got 16 total new outfits compare to One the klingon got. That 1/18 total new stuff. or if you want to count the tribble fur 2/17 the total new stuff.

Federation got 2 jackets and one belt as reward Plus 5 Pants and 5 jackets and a belt. That total 13 so far If they are 500 day vet and get the C-store they got another 5 jackets. Bring the total to 18.

Last I check 1/18 is way less then 1/8. My one 1/8 was in reference to total klingon content. Uniforms, missions, ships the works. Is 100% accurate No I have not sat down and count it all. Not planing on it.

Having a faction that is pretty much unlockable monster play with little content when we promised 2 full PVE faction by the developer when the game was first announce. Is also not good for the game. That been the case for over 500 days.


So i guess you ok with keep the klingons as a second rate monster play faction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcAn3nhf97Y#t=01m48s

I am just saying it been 500 days since launch. This has yet to happen. It time some major focus is made on making something that was stated 3 years ago happen. Or remove the faction.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
06-07-2011, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Sorry but federation got 16 total new outfits compare to One the klingon got. That 1/18 total new stuff. or if you want to count the tribble fur 2/17 the total new stuff.

Federation got 2 jackets and one belt as reward Plus 5 Pants and 5 jackets and a belt. That total 13 so far If they are 500 day vet and get the C-store they got another 5 jackets. Bring the total to 18.
So you don't think we should count a cosmetic make-over and upgrade, the fur shoulders, but should count every piece of C-Store gear that's been added? I'd ask for your reasoning but I suspect it's simply "cause then I get to be right!"

Except you're not right, you're complaining about cosmetic frippery because you don't have the numbers to make an argument about something substantive. And again, I'm not saying the numbers aren't there, I'm just saying that YOU have not put forth the effort to find them. It's laziness is what it is.

Quote:
Last I check 1/18 is way less then 1/8. My one 1/8 was in reference to total klingon content. Uniforms, missions, ships the works. Is 100% accurate No I have not sat down and count it all. Not planing on it.
Yes, it's not 100% accurate, it's not even close. Sit down, count it all, and then come back and tell me that the ENTIRE reason the KDF has 1/8th of the total game population is because Cryptic only put in 1/8th of the work.

Quote:
Having a faction that is pretty much unlockable monster play with little content when we promised 2 full PVE faction by the developer when the game was first announce. Is also not good for the game. That been the case for over 500 days.
It's a good thing that we're not 'monster play' then. Tell me, what exactly do you think 'monster play' means? Please, describe LOTR Online to me so I can point out to you where the differences exist between STO and LOTRO. Or don't, I could care less because this entire conversation with you is so off the topic and past the point that it's honestly a waste of time.

Quote:
So i guess you ok with keep the klingons as a second rate monster play faction.
Yes, I've made numerous posts on this board discussing reasonable measures that could be taken to improve the KDF because I want us to be downgraded to "second rate monster play." What suggestions have you forwarded to improve the Klingon play experience?

Quote:
I am just saying it been 500 days since launch. This has yet to happen. It time some major focus is made on making something that was stated 3 years ago happen. Or remove the faction.
No, you're saying that you don't know what Monster Play is, that you feel comfortable identifying current Klingon work as being 1/8th of the effort without even bothering to review the truly interesting post currently on this board outlining the ACTUAL disparity and that you'd rather see the faction removed than made better gradually. I'm just glad most people show more sense.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:33 AM.