Career Officer
# 1 Tholian weapon disabling spam
03-12-2013, 10:47 PM
I'm really getting sick of the Tholians being able to disable my weapons extremely quickly and extremely easily. My batteries can't keep up with the amount of times IN A ROW that my weapons are targeted and disabled. This needs to be severely reduced, because it's severely absurd right now.
The jar kitty watches you.
Captain
# 2
03-12-2013, 10:50 PM
my engie team 1 gives nothing for tholian disables.
my points into subsystem repair make it matter less.

you should try that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.
Captain
# 3
03-12-2013, 10:50 PM
1 human boff and 54 pts in Subsys Rep render it a mere split-second nuisance.

But I have 5 human boffs.

I have more beef with the @%#$%@# web cannon because I'd just randomly stray into the fire arc while fending off tricobalts and disruption torps and BOOM 1-shotted without warning, unlike a Borg HPT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Yes me too i hate that i really hope theyd stop doing that in purpose.

but the thing i have notice they always use the same damn tactics on you:

1. There starting to shoot you little tetryons beams at you (for Fun)
2. Now they have this speacial abbility where they have fire at will and target subsystem togeter so anywhere they shoot you loose power
3. Now if you dont kill the small ships fast enough thell put a web caging you in there and plus while that there still atacking you with the target subsystem making weak to kill the web to get out of there.

And the cycle just repeats its self.
Career Officer
# 5
03-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uss917019 View Post
Yes me too i hate that i really hope theyd stop doing that in purpose.

but the thing i have notice they always use the same damn tactics on you:

1. There starting to shoot you little tetryons beams at you (for Fun)
2. Now they have this speacial abbility where they have fire at will and target subsystem togeter so anywhere they shoot you loose power
3. Now if you dont kill the small ships fast enough thell put a web caging you in there and plus while that there still atacking you with the target subsystem making weak to kill the web to get out of there.

And the cycle just repeats its self.
Hahah yeah - you can see this scripted pattern clearly when you do that damned, hard capped mission "Azure nebula". If their fire gives me an interrupt, I wait until their BFAW cycle completes before I continue the scan.
Captain
# 6
03-16-2013, 07:44 PM
EPtW fixes Weapon Offlines and will continue to keep it fixed as long as EPtW is active, so they might offline you again for a split-second but your power will jump back up while EPtW is running.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Rihannsu
# 7
03-18-2013, 05:30 AM
Tholians are great. They bring some much needed variety to the standard tactics and encourage players to have more versatile builds. Put more points in subsystem repair, get boff abilities that clear disables, etc.

My only problem with them is that it's not always easy to immediately notice you've had something disabled. Surely my crew should tell their captain the weapons are offline, instead of waiting for me to notice the ship has stopped shooting/moving or shields have gone down and look at the power readout to find out why.
Captain
# 8
03-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitonozanshi View Post
I'm really getting sick of the Tholians being able to disable my weapons extremely quickly and extremely easily. My batteries can't keep up with the amount of times IN A ROW that my weapons are targeted and disabled. This needs to be severely reduced, because it's severely absurd right now.
Still love your avatar and sig combo.

And yes, tholians are annoying. BUT they also have the lowest hull resists in the game. And as such, they need the weapon SST to stay alive longer and make your life miserable. Tbh, the constant 500+ damage tetryon procs are more annoying to me.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 9
03-21-2013, 01:40 AM
I'll take disable spam over Insta-Death Invisible Torpedoes any day. At least you can do something in response to disable spam.