Lt. Commander
So that the mission can resume in another system? If so, how?
Lt. Commander
# 2 Not Yet
05-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfull
So that the mission can resume in another system? If so, how?
Not yet, once you have your door, its warp out to the next system or Beam out from there. Perhaps one day, but it really isn't necessary to do it to create a good mission.

Duke-of-Rock
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Rock View Post
Not yet, once you have your door, its warp out to the next system or Beam out from there. Perhaps one day, but it really isn't necessary to do it to create a good mission.

Duke-of-Rock
Thanks for the help, I don't think I will be making that part of my mission anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-30-2011, 10:06 PM
I was able to do something similiar to this. Check out "Plato's Abrogation."

If you can't find it right away, might need to become a "mission reviewer" first. I released it not too long ago.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-31-2011, 01:33 AM
I seem to remember that it was possible to create missions with parallel objectives. If these parallel objectives are in different maps, you could create sector space transitions to each map. Not sure if this still works, and it puts hard limits:
1) The first objective in the mission must involve the map tranistion. You cannot branch out later.
2) The story needs to make sense doing the two maps in any sequence, as you can't proscribe it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I seem to remember that it was possible to create missions with parallel objectives. If these parallel objectives are in different maps, you could create sector space transitions to each map. Not sure if this still works, and it puts hard limits:
1) The first objective in the mission must involve the map tranistion. You cannot branch out later.
2) The story needs to make sense doing the two maps in any sequence, as you can't proscribe it.
^^^
Yep you acn have multiple transitions only in a "Complete All" framework - problem is, a "Complete All" can be done in any order, so if you have a linear story sequence; you either detail the order and hope the player follows it; or do sepearte missions (and Mission 2's door in the system door you wanted the player to go to and essentially, once there, you pick up where the story left off, and continue.