Lt. Commander
# 1 Bat' leth fighting
05-30-2011, 06:33 PM
So why is is when fighting NPC ( esp Bringing Down tha House" mission) the NPC's bypass your shields and do strieght healthdamage but we must take thier shields down while also trying to take down health? I have died 10 times now and I also tried using a XI bat. and the sword of Kathless...
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-31-2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgewizard View Post
So why is is when fighting NPC ( esp Bringing Down tha House" mission) the NPC's bypass your shields and do strieght healthdamage but we must take thier shields down while also trying to take down health? I have died 10 times now and I also tried using a XI bat. and the sword of Kathless...
Melee weapons ignore shields, they always did.

Considering "Bring down the house": I found the final enemy impossible to beat, killed me in seconds in about 10 fights the best I could do is geting him half down.
I really dont know what I'm doing wrong, he needs 3 hits, my Khaless-shard at least 25 hits.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-31-2011, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Melee weapons ignore shields, they always did.

Considering "Bring down the house": I found the final enemy impossible to beat, killed me in seconds in about 10 fights the best I could do is geting him half down.
I really dont know what I'm doing wrong, he needs 3 hits, my Khaless-shard at least 25 hits.
what you need is a change in tactics, dont just stand their and whack him, he can out damage you, use a close combat kit with the falchion or naucican sword as well as a KB shield and physical augmentation armor. these in conjunction with hit and runs using lunge and leg sweep insure victory. and if you are not a tac,... forget about it
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-31-2011, 10:47 AM
It's tough in the final fight, but, it is the 1st place championship.
Use the lunge to expose and knockdown, use combo attacks to hammer him while he's exposed, then repeat.
Works, still takes many wacks, but it'll work.
And don't just stand there and go toe to toe with him, he'll expose you and kill you everytime, stick and move, get as many side and rear attacks in that you can, that'll give ya more damage.
To bad there's no kind of "training dummy" area to practice melee attack combos (moves, whatever you call them). I call them combos because it's a combination of keystrokes (1,1,2 or 1,2,1, etc) to get different types of swings/attacks.
Some do significant damage, especially when the target is exposed.
Practice, practice, practice...
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-01-2011, 04:31 AM
The problem is: Since the "rework" all abilitys beside the Bath"leths attacks are deactivatet. No Hypos, no Lunge atack, nothing. Ok, admidet, dont know about how the close combat-kit works now, because not everybody plays a TAC....

I used the phys. aug. Armor... well the shield I dont have yet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-01-2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
The problem is: Since the "rework" all abilitys beside the Bath"leths attacks are deactivatet. No Hypos, no Lunge atack, nothing. Ok, admidet, dont know about how the close combat-kit works now, because not everybody plays a TAC....

I used the phys. aug. Armor... well the shield I dont have yet.
This is most disturbing....I would like to see the bat'leth or close combat become more of something that is flashy as well as effective. Make it so that it creates some sort of demoralization to enemies...chance to make them cower in a corner sucking their thumbs....
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
This is most disturbing....I would like to see the bat'leth or close combat become more of something that is flashy as well as effective. Make it so that it creates some sort of demoralization to enemies...chance to make them cower in a corner sucking their thumbs....
That would be kind of a disturbing reaction... in a Bath'leth contest....
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Quote:
That would be kind of a disturbing reaction... in a Bath'leth contest....
I was thinking more of groud combat PVP arenas and STF's...lol... imagine the Borg and Undine in a corner sucking on their thumbs because the itty bitty insignificant Klingons gutted their buddy in front of them and began to laugh violently....what would you do?....lol...

Yeah...that might be a bit creepy but you have to admit it would be funny....
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-02-2011, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12guageshotgun
what you need is a change in tactics, dont just stand their and whack him, he can out damage you, use a close combat kit with the falchion or naucican sword as well as a KB shield and physical augmentation armor. these in conjunction with hit and runs using lunge and leg sweep insure victory. and if you are not a tac,... forget about it
You sure? I got beat once by the second challenger because I got lagged and then spazed out (mostly my bad) but the last guy I took down with ease and I am an Engineer. Of course I DO play a Gorn and I DO have my Bite which helps. However, if you really know how to swing a Bat'leth you can get into a combo that lets you wave it side to side for rapid and vicious damage.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-02-2011, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
You sure? I got beat once by the second challenger because I got lagged and then spazed out (mostly my bad) but the last guy I took down with ease and I am an Engineer. Of course I DO play a Gorn and I DO have my Bite which helps. However, if you really know how to swing a Bat'leth you can get into a combo that lets you wave it side to side for rapid and vicious damage.
I don't think it's only for gorn or only for tacs...Of course you don't have the kit, but last night I was in a KA run with some great players. An engineer had a falchion and was ripping borg to shreds...If you place the right points in the right places, it should be effective no matter what class you are...of course it would be much better if you were a tac using the kit too....lol.