Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 381
06-02-2011, 07:21 PM
For a bunch of Star Trek fans, it would seem quite a few have not abandoned their 21st century parochialism. Permit me to pose these questions for your own self-evaluation:

Would these same people feel the same way if a Russian company took over Cryptic ("they are a bunch of mobsters over there in that lawless land")?

Do people realize how much American property and debt has been bought up by... Chinese nationals? Seriously, who needs your indebted credit card when they own the card's issuing bank?

My fellow Americans, we are not Glenn Beck nor Nancy Pelosi. We are a people derived from the diversity our world has to offer. Remember your roots, enjoy the rich diversity and embrace the adventure of learning new things. Reject fear, reject ignorance.

On that note, congrats to Cryptic for its imminent entry into the PW Empire.

Let us all get back to the Final Frontier, shall we?
Lt. Commander
# 382
06-02-2011, 07:41 PM
I think it's very sad that people assume that there was lumping in the people of china with it's government. I feel very very sad for those people suffering as they are with the oppression they were born under. I just wanted to point out that in China their "corporations" really aren't seperate from "the state", in china they are one in the same. There are some that have been given small degrees of autonomy due to bribes and the owners status within the communist party, but in the end the revenue ends up back in the hands of the state either way.

Please don't equate having a moral compass to racism.
Lt. Commander
# 383
06-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Sadly I will need to close down this topic due to the huge number of content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies.

I thank you all for your feedback on this matter. Once we have more information for you, we will be happy to try and have a new topic on this matter open.
Closed Thread